PDA

View Full Version : Here I go!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sassy44
Mon, Apr-01-02, 18:49
Hi all!!
I am new to the post but have visited this site often. I have been in hiding because of the amount of weight I needed to lose. The new members have convinced me to finally make this post. So here I go!!
I have been overweight from the moment I was born or so it seems. ;) My lowest weight ever was 134 lbs when I was 17. Many years ago!! lol
I have been on just about every roller coaster diet available, as it seems alot of you have, so I feel comforted that I am not alone.
A co-worker started telling me about how her husband had succeeded in losing 90 lbs by doing the Atkins Program. YUP!! She had my full attention. The conversation started because I was eating a Lean Cuisine Dinner and a dinner roll. She asked me not to be offended and then started telling me about carbs.
I have to be totally honest I had not a clue as to what carbs where. This conversation took place on the 4th Feb/02 and during the next week and a half I slowly lowered my carb intake not completely aware I was doing so. I FINALLY gave up those dinner rolls and bought Dr. Atkins New Revolution Diet Book :read2:. The book was a total eye opener for me:eek:. My start weight was, according to my doctor, 284 lbs!!! and at this moment my current weight is 256 lbs!! I feel TOTALLY awesome!!
My energy level has doubled. I have confidence again. My friends and co-workers are amazed at my progress and so am I!!
THANK YOU DR ATKINS!!
I can not believe that a program could be this great and no money down?? UNBELIEVEABLE lol. OK except for the cost of the book and a few other items. lol
While I was reading Dr. Atkins I realized how vulnerable I was for type 2 diabetes, stroke, heart attack and cancer!! It scared the heck out of me to think that anyone of these could happen to me at any time. I know some still can, however I believe I have just lessen the risks.
I have chatted with anyone and everyone that will listen about the Atkins Program and have been able to get 4 people started!!
Does this make me a Poster Girl for Atkins?? :cheer: lol
I have set my goal weight of 150 lbs, hopefully by Christmas 2002, and I know this is a WOL. A happier WOL I believe!!
I am using splenda and what a great taste it is.
I am missing pasta though and have been on the great search to find carb controlled pasta. So far no luck. Any Ideas where I can find it in Ontario?
Thank you so much for a wonderful site!
It has been a great inspiration to me!
Hope I haven't bored any of you but I am so glad I have finally made this post!
Bye for now! :wave:
Sassy

Natrushka
Mon, Apr-01-02, 18:57
Welcome to the forum, Sassy, and WTG on your loss and on speaking up and introducing yourself :) You sound pumped, psyched and ready for LC action!

Not sure where in Ontario you can find those LC products - you might try GNC or Kardish (assuming you have them in your neck of the woods) I would caution you though - replacing high carbs foods with LC frankenfoods is often a slippery slope. If you give yourself enough time you should get to a point where these things no longer hold that kind of power over you. Hidden carbs are something we don't have to concern ourselves with if we stick with whole, natural foods. That being said, the odd indulgence isn't going to be the end of the world. Moderation is key.

If you're unable to find things locally, try searching the LC yellow pages (there's a link in the margin on the right) - you might be able to order something.

Cheers,
Nat

sassy44
Mon, Apr-01-02, 20:58
Thank you for the welcome Nat.

I have checked with our local GNC and they did not carry it. However, I am not going to resort back to regular pasta, I'll do without first.
I also tried a few other local Health Food Stores and our local Bulk Barn but to no avail.
I was planning a trip to the States to pick up some Atkins products including the pasta. Do you have any suggestions?

I am proud that I have not resorted back to potatoes or rice or breads, all of which I loved. I had hoped the low carb pasta might be a nice change once in awhile though.

I am pumped by this program. I have never been on any program that has been so easy and effective to lose weight. :D

I hope my enthusiasim will help others.

Thanks again :)
Sassy

pchrisman
Tue, Apr-02-02, 02:12
Well what can I say. I am fatter now than I ever was with destroyed kidneys, Atkins Man. I dont know why I encountered the kidney problem after dropping so much weight but I feel permanently damaged.

pchrisman
Tue, Apr-02-02, 02:17
Well what can I say. I am fatter now than I ever was with destroyed kidneys, Atkins Man. I dont know why I encountered the kidney problem after dropping so much weight but I feel permanently damaged.

TeriDoodle
Tue, Apr-02-02, 10:55
Welcome Sassy!!!

(I don't know WHAT this post above is all about, but hopefully this person will see a physician soon.)

You ARE doing so very well!! This board has been the key for me in inspiration, encouragement and education. Visit and post often and you'll keep doing just great!!

Congratulations!!!

KASSY
Tue, Apr-02-02, 13:39
Sassy,

Congratulations, your story has inspired me. Keep up the great work.
I have no idea what the post from pchrisman is all about. Sounds like they have not fully read the Atkin book correctly if they are gaining weight.

Good luck to you Sassy !

Kassy

wbahn
Tue, Apr-02-02, 14:59
Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

You are doing fabulous so far!!! Way to go!

As for pchrisman - that seems like a rather strange initial post. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, you need to be seeing a doctor - NOW! It sounds like you probably had significant kidney problems before you started and then ignored the warning signs and let the situation continue. LC will not destroy your kidneys - but can sure reveal bad ones.

You keep up the good work, Sassy!

sassy44
Thu, Apr-04-02, 09:19
Hi wbahn, Kassy and Terri.

Thank you very much for the welcome.
I am enjoying this site very much.
I can not believe my success so far!!
I'm down another 2 lbs!!! YIPPY!!!! :D

To pchrisman, I fully agree you do need to see your physician A.S.S.P.!!!!!

I think it's time to start my journal.

Thanks again!!
Sassy

msjames
Thu, Apr-04-02, 09:49
Hello Sassy,

Welcome. You are doing very well so far! Keep up the good work. This WOL does work. Don't let anyone discourage you. Good luck.

sassy44
Tue, Apr-09-02, 08:32
Hi MJ!

Thank you for the words of encouragement.

I feel so good I can't possibly believe that anyone could discourage me about this wonderful WOL/WOE.

Another 2 pounds gone!! Down to 252 and dropping!!

It's wonderful how easy this is!!

Good luck to all!!

Bye for now :wave:
Sassy

LittleAnne
Tue, Apr-09-02, 08:50
Hi Sassy

Looks like your'e doing great. Why not change your weight on your profile so that it reflects the extra 4 pound you have lost. Just go to profile at the top of the page and select edit profile.

Keep up the good work.

sassy44
Tue, Apr-09-02, 10:37
Hi Little Ann

Thanks for the suggestion.

Going to change it now!

bye for now :wave:
Sassy

qcchevyman
Tue, Apr-09-02, 15:42
Hi Sassy. I thought I would drop by and say your doing Great Kid. Keep up the good work. I had to chuckle when I read your first post in your Journal about having to lose so much weight. Well this should perk you up. I have to Lose All Of You to get to my goal. Keep up that Great work and keep us informed on how your doing. :roll: :roll: :roll: :spin: :roll: :roll: :roll:

imready
Tue, Apr-09-02, 17:28
Hi Sassy44, Congrats on your great start! You will find this forum to be so helpful and fun!

Continued success to you!

sassy44
Tue, Apr-09-02, 22:04
Hi Theresa!

Thank you very much for the welcome.

I have learn alot in a short time being in the forum.

I love the support and the feeling it gives me to read and hear from everyone.

I can't believe it took be so long to make a post but I'm here now and doing well!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Bye for now! :wave:

Sassy

sassy44
Tue, Apr-09-02, 22:50
Hi Richard!!

Thank you for your encouragement!!!

I decided to read your journal before posting a reply.

You are doing very well keep up the great job!!

Bye for now :wave:

Sassy