PDA

View Full Version : losing for last time

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kowboi73
Tue, Feb-24-09, 12:15
hey there. my name's Cole and ive done the atkins diet before. i lost about 90 lbs on it in 2001-2002. i gained most of it back by jan 08. weighing in then at 271. i went back to induction phase and quickly lost 30 lbs. only to forget the diet completely and quickly gain 55lbs over the next few months. i got back on atkins ijan 09 to compete in my companies biggest loser contest. i weighed in at 297 and am now down to 280. i know this works, i just need to stick to maintenance once i get there. id appreciate any words of encouragement yall could give me. oh yeah i live in texas, just north of s.a. please forgive my typing as im on my mobile! thnx

gem52372
Tue, Feb-24-09, 12:25
Welcome!!! Being here will help you...start a journal that helps.
There is lots to read and tons of support and advice to be had.
Good Luck!

JodyGirl
Tue, Feb-24-09, 12:28
Welcome, Cole! You'll find lots of support and friendship here. :)

Melesana
Tue, Feb-24-09, 12:38
Hi Cole! You can do it this time. You're off to a great start. Just keep in close touch with the forum - and stay on plan - and you'll be fine.

Meg

Kisal
Tue, Feb-24-09, 19:59
Welcome, Cole! :)

trishb148
Wed, Feb-25-09, 08:07
Hey Cole,

Welcome back to LC - just got back myself:) Check out the journals - there's tons of good info on losing and maintaining (the really hard part). You're off to a great start! Keep in touch on the forums and journals and let us know how you're doing.

Trish

pammieanne
Wed, Feb-25-09, 08:11
Hi there Cole! Welcome to the greatest place for support on your LC way of life!

Hey, I LOVE Texas and particularly the area you live in... if I had my druthers, I'd pack up the family and move to somewhere between SA and Austin... perhaps near Canyon lake! My dream place to run away to! Unfortunately pesky little things... like my husbands job, keep me stuck here!

Good luck with the company contest! But don't give up when it ends! Stick with us and continue on!

llmckeane
Wed, Feb-25-09, 08:17
Welcome Cole,
I think some of us here have stopped and started more than once..me for one!! One day at a time is how I am approaching it now and seems to be working for me.

Good luck and hang in there!