PDA

View Full Version : Should've introduced myself earlier

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PollyL
Mon, Feb-23-09, 02:19
Hi, I'm Polly. So excited to have found this forum I jumped in without properly introducing myself!

Lost abt 60 lbs doing Atkins Induction and OWL in 2003-2004, but stopped there and gained it all back and added another 40 on top of it.

Restarted this past June 14 of 2008, my 40th birthday. (Wow, am I really 40?) Was pretty motivated for about the first 5 months, then in the past 2-and-a-half months have been only going through the motions of trying to eat low carb, which means good days when I stay on track and not-so-good days when I don't. Feeling pretty good about being back in Induction right now, but insecure about maintaining my motivation.

Hoping that sticking close to you will rub off on me!!

lpioch
Mon, Feb-23-09, 09:12
Hoping that sticking close to you will rub off on me!! It definitely helps for me! I don't think I'd keep up my motivation without this site to keep things in focus for me. Glad you introduced yourself! :wave:

Kisal
Mon, Feb-23-09, 10:43
Welcome to the forums! It's nice to have you with us! :wave:

OtherCher2
Mon, Feb-23-09, 10:56
Nice to meet you, Polly!. :wave: You have done very well so far. Sticking close to the forum and daily weighins gives me needed motivation. If I stay too far removed from the forum or the scale, I slide back to my old ways of behavior.

Bru88
Mon, Feb-23-09, 16:49
Welcome to the forums....Bru :wave:

Melesana
Mon, Feb-23-09, 17:38
Welcome, Polly. Great name. It's certainly true for me too, that I need to stick close to the forum to stay motivated and on track. You're going to love it here. You're doing great!

Meg