PDA

View Full Version : Hi let me introduce myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

noahsmum
Thu, Feb-19-09, 15:57
Hi, my names jodi and I love food too much, lol.

I was slim until just before I got married, and I moved to the area my hubby lived and spent every day at his mum and dads who just eat junk. I went from healthy food at home to junk junk junk. The habit grew from there and i've put on about 130lb :(
I've attempted Atkins afew times but apart from once i've struggled to last a day :( . Well I have a 17mth old little boy and i'm coming up to, i hate to say it but....30. I been telling myself I dont want to be this size and 30 and i want to be a fit healthy mum for Noah but I just can't seem to get going, I frustrate myself so much. My dad does Atkins and is doing brilliantly and keeps encouaging me to to do it as does my mum and brother and my hubbys very supportive. Well last saturday I was talking to my dad and said that I would start on Sunday so I did. Me my hubby and little one spent the day there so that really helped as they have no junk and only good food in the house. I was doing really well for 6 days then on the saturday my in-laws (we live with them btw) had their new kitchen delivered, well no one told me it was coming then. so to cut a long story short, it was chaos and i used it as an excuse to go off plan until Monday when the kitchen would be livable again. Well I'm still off plan and fed up and I really want to get back on Atkins. This is what always happens I always talk myself out of it. I suppose you could say I'm a self-sabatager.
How do I stop??????
Sorry to rabbit on. BTW i've been lurking for ages and i'm sure I spend far too much time on here, lol.

daisywench
Thu, Feb-19-09, 16:07
Welcome Aboard! You'll find tons of inspiration, support, and encouragement here, and answers to ALL your questions. As far as I'm concerned, you can never spend too much time on here.

As for how to stop self sabotaging? It's only something you can do. You have to decide that enough is enough. That you want to be healthy. You want to lose weight. that nothing will stop you. And only you can do this for yourself, noone can do it for you.
You have to prepare, research, read labels, make concious decisions on a daily basis. You have to decide what's more important..the brownie, the piece of lasagna, whatever is calling your name, or being thin.

That's the bottom line. I made that decision last October. I've lost 46 pounds. You CAN do it. No excuses, no "I'll start back on Monday". You might stumble, but get RIGHT back on. It does work.

noahsmum
Thu, Feb-19-09, 16:14
No excuses, no "I'll start back on Monday". You might stumble, but get RIGHT back on. It does work.

Hee Hee you know me well already, I was going to start on Monday. Well tomorrow it is then.

Kisal
Thu, Feb-19-09, 17:02
Welcome to the forums. :)

noahsmum
Thu, Feb-19-09, 17:09
Thanks, BTW, how do i get my ticker to show in my signature? I've got the bbcode and pasted it on the signature and when I preview it, its there but when i check my post it's not???

noahsmum
Thu, Feb-19-09, 17:11
hey its just appeared, strange, oh well.

lisa53098
Thu, Feb-19-09, 17:18
Welcome Noahsmum. I remember back when I first started low carbing. I think the first 2 or 3 days were difficult, then it get's much easier. For support, my Mother made fun of me, and kept handing me the platter of peanut butter brownie bars at a family get together. It was really rude. I had made up my mind to not fail, so I politely turned them down. Don't let you in-laws eating habits ruin your life. And also, your son will be growing up arounds bad eating habits, and may develop a weight problem. He is watching your example, and unfortunately theirs too if you spend alot of time there. Plan ahead to have healthy choices on hand. This takes so extra time, but worth the rewards! You sound determined to succeed. Good luck to you!

noahsmum
Thu, Feb-19-09, 17:30
Hi Lisa53098,

dont get me wrong my in laws are good people and they dont force their eating on me. In fact my mother-in-law has often offered to cook me steak etc for dinner when I have attempted Atkins in the past. But your right I am worried their (and mine) eating habits will rub off on my little boy. I know that I have to make a change now so that my little one knows how to eat properly because it will come naturally to him. And I want him to know that the way my in-laws eat is not good and to want to follow my example.