PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you tried Nandos Restaurant? Yummy...!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

juicyjacki
Mon, Apr-01-02, 13:00
Just wanted to share this restaurant with you. I went last night and it was gorgeous and very low carb. Its one of the few places where we are not completeley restricted to plain steak.

They have loads of restaurants all over the UK, its portugese style. Most of the menu consists Chicken cooked on a grill spiced up to your taste level. Also do wings and green salads too. I had look at their website and eveything is very low carb and its also delicious. The price is quite reasonable too a two course meal with a bottemless glass for diet pepsi worked out £25.00 for two people. Check out their website for a restaurant close to you.

www.nandos.co.uk

If you really like their food you can buy the sauces in store or through the website.

10/10 for a good low carb restaurant.

I will add this to the yellow pages section as well, try to bump it up a bit.

Emma 2002
Mon, Apr-01-02, 22:06
YES! Nandos is fantastic! i have been going there for years - I will have to check out their web site - good call!

DH always goes for the hot one but that makes me cry! medium hot is my absolute limit. also for those mum's out there it is the best alternative to fast food - it isn't as quick as McD's but they do kiddies portions and you don't have to worry too much about the floor. Also the cockrel decor can keep a two year old occupied for at least 2 mins while you are waiting!

Emma :wave:

tlawson
Mon, Apr-01-02, 22:43
We also enjoy going to Nando's. My husband likes the hot chicken, while I usually have mild/med and our son really likes the lemon herb - much better than McDonald's!!

The only problem is that I really like theire Portugese buns. :nono:

Theresa

fiona
Tue, Apr-02-02, 00:54
That does look good - and there is one near me. I don't eat out often (on my budget) but that's worth trying out for the next LC Get-Together.

Emma another post of yours (about leafy greens): if you like spicy food you could easily add spinnach and other greens (methi etc) to meat/chicken dishes and cooking them at home you can adjust the spices to just how hot you want it to be.

Take care.

IcicleWork
Thu, Nov-21-02, 15:48
Awwww... no Nando's restaurants in Scotland!
I do buy their sauces & salad dressing, but there's nothing like their beautiful chicken (i visited a Nando's in London years ago!).

ashmads
Sun, Jul-13-03, 16:01
Well, I am replying from the US. I usually saute some garlic cloves in clarified butter(ghee). Throw in a bag of spinach and towards the end I add some garam masala. I make rotis for the family and I have one with some lentils(dal) and yogurt. Easy and we can get the cloves in without too much trouble( I cannot bring myself to eat it raw). I am not sure how "pure" it is on the Atkins scale. But being vegetarian I am trying to improvise. As this is to be a way of life I am learning to live better. Nobody in my house will eat tofu :-(

ashmads from US

Ebbie.B
Fri, Jul-18-03, 15:51
Fantastic, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for posting your thread.

It's my birthday very soon and my mates and i always go somewhere for a birthday pig out.
I was preparing myself to be strong as i knew my mates would say stuff like but it's your birthday, it's only one day etc etc, but now i wont have too :cheer:

The embarrassing thing is i have never heard of this restaurant before, and when i looked at the site i thought i know there won't be one near me. And there's one just down the road :blush:

suleika
Sun, Jul-20-03, 15:36
I'm lucky enough to have a Nando's in my local shopping centre, so I occasionaly plan a half chicken there during a shopping trip.

I happen to know (I asked them, and also I can taste it) that the sauces that Nando's sell in bottle in supermarkets are not the same as the marinades with which they treat their chickens in the restaurants. Therefore, if you like the sauces, you'll love the restaurant stuff!

Does anyone remember Nigella Lawson on spatchcock chicken? She did something really simple with a split-down-the-back chicken and then bbq-ed it. Once a real Portuguese friend of mine roasted me some spatchcock chicken, with peppers and garlic and oil etc, and it was so delicious I remember it years later. I am no longer in touch with him but I would love to find out how to do it.

Gez

GEMMA70
Tue, Jul-22-03, 04:12
i love nandos yummmmmmmmmmmmy

Pixie
Sat, Aug-30-03, 02:15
Oh i just love Nandos. Thanks for the website link, they have losts of nutritional info on there. I love making chicken kebabs with hot peri peri sauce..oh im making myself hungry!

Thanks

Emma

jaykay
Sat, Aug-30-03, 15:29
There isn't one near us but there is where my daughter is at college - so we always take her there as a treat when we go visiting!!

Ebbie.B
Sat, Aug-30-03, 16:19
I have a nando's near me but unfortunately the closest i have got to eating there is reading the menu outside, just can't afford it. Luckily for me though my local Sainsbury's sell their sauces :yum: