PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Neighbors :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TVEditor
Tue, Feb-17-09, 16:56
Hi there,

After a diabetes diagnosis in July of 2008, I was given the options of medication or controlling the condition through weight loss. I took the second choice and since July, have lost about 35 pounds on a low carb diet.

My doctor says "Keep doing what you're doing!" ... so I am:)

It has been a bit of work sticking to the diet but overall, not that bad. I could use some new food alternative ideas and some support once in a while ... am I in the right place?

(I think I am :)

Chris

MisterE
Tue, Feb-17-09, 17:05
Welcome! From one TV editor (and producer/director) to another! Great place with great people.

TVEditor
Tue, Feb-17-09, 17:22
You mean I'm not the only idiot to get into this line of work?!? :)

Misery loves company :)

BTW, I produce/direct/shoot/record sound tracks, etc. too but I'm trying to stay humble ;)

Kisal
Tue, Feb-17-09, 18:03
Welcome to the forums, Chris! :wave:

TVEditor
Wed, Feb-18-09, 07:43
Thanks Kisal:) Say, congrats on the 'quit smoking' thing. I'm still hooked but planning to quit this spring.

LittleZu
Wed, Feb-18-09, 10:05
Welcome to the forum! I do believe you are in the right place. :)

gem52372
Wed, Feb-18-09, 10:13
Welcome aboard!!!

GlendaRC
Wed, Feb-18-09, 10:31
Welcome Chris, from the other end of the country! And congrats on doing so well so far - both weight-wise and diabetes control. For some alternative food ideas and recipes, scroll down to the kitchen section - tons of recipes there for all meals and snacks.

fatnhappy
Wed, Feb-18-09, 20:00
Chris, Welcome to the Forum!! :wave:
I recommend starting a journal here --- its a lot of fun & you will get much support through that venue.

TVEditor
Thu, Feb-19-09, 17:34
Did someone say GOLF!!!!

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Thanks to everyone for the welcome :)

GlendaRC
Thu, Feb-19-09, 17:41
Did someone say GOLF!!!!

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Thanks to everyone for the welcome :)
Ooooohh YES There's a very good reason we live on Southern Vancouver Island - year-round golf!!!!