PDA

View Full Version : Banting led me here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

futurehope
Sun, Feb-15-09, 17:49
Hi. I was actually doing some research on obesity and I ran across the book written by Fredrick Banting, about using high fat/high protein to lose weight. I had tried the Atkin's plan years ago but got severe headaches. I realize now that I possibly wasn't eating enough fats with the proteins, so I want to begin again.

I am a carb-craver although not an addict. I'm Italian and I LOVE spaghetti and pizza, so that's where I struggle.

I also have been diagnosed Hashimotos (very low thyroid) and am on meds. Nothing has worked to help me lose the fat, so this is another "last effort" If it doesn't work, I give up!

I'd love to hear from any other Hashi folks who have lost weight in spite of it!

~Laura

Kisal
Sun, Feb-15-09, 22:12
Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you found us! :wave: