PDA

View Full Version : Nibblies??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Wendye
Sun, Mar-31-02, 21:47
When I was on hols up the coast somewhere I stopped into a bottle shop and they had some pork strips or pork rinds - all protein - they were really yummy but I have never seen them again. They were in a packet like smiths chips.
Does anyone know of them - who makes them or where to get them in Sydney??
Or does anyone have any other substitutes for nibbies other than a few nuts??
My work team go to the pub at the end of each week and I have a diet coke but the chips are driving me crazy - I don't have any 'cos with me it's eat one eat the lot!!

Any help? :wave:

Wendye

Dianne
Thu, Apr-04-02, 16:03
You should be able to buy these in Coles in the snack food section. We can get them in Brisbane, so I am sure you would be able to. Mind you, not every Coles sells them. I rang around and found 2 in the near vicinity.

If it's any help, they are made by Gold Medal Snacks P/L in Wetherill Park, NSW Ph: 02 9725 4855.

A small packet of macadamia nuts, although expensive, are good to have with a drink, as they are really quite low in carbs.

Good luck.

Wendye
Fri, Apr-05-02, 00:35
Thanx Diane - I really appreciate your effort in replying. I shop at Coles but the 2 stores I go to don't have them but I'll be phoning the distributors on Monday to find out my closest shop.
Yes - macadamia nuts are good too - I love them.
Thanx again and best wishes up where it's 'beautiful one day and perfect the next'. I'm looking forward to being up that way in the NSW school hols.

Thanks again and good lluck with low-carbing.
Wendye

Rainbow
Sun, Apr-07-02, 07:04
Hi Wendye,

Just thought that I would let you know that as well as Coles, Woolworths, Bi'lo and Franklins all sell the pork rinds too. Perhaps you might be able to find them closer to home.

I love to use them ground up for coating fish or chicken and also to make the Mock French Toast, have you tried this? It's very good. :wave:

Wendye
Sun, Apr-07-02, 07:58
Thanx Rainbow,

I'll certainly be on the phone next week to check out my local BILO, Franklins and Woolies.

I made a pate and it was great to have something other than celery to dip into it!! I felt 'normal' when I went to my sister-in-laws place. I love those pork crackles and they don't set me off on a carb binge!

Yummo - I like your ideas about crushing them for crumbs - but how do you make the mock french toast?? It sounds yummy too!

I wonder if people have other ideas for them?

I also caught up with your post about the daVinci sugar free syrups too. Seeya round the traps -

Wendye :wave: