PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am Elizabeth

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NKOTBGIRL
Sun, Feb-01-09, 22:45
Hi, my name is Elizabeth. Yall probably dont remember me but a couple of years back I was on ths forum trying to do things my way. I wanted to work my way down to a low carb diet by doing nothng but cutting out cokes and deserts in the beginning and working my way down. But I failed and now Im up to 361 pounds and have a hernia i need to get surgery for.So I got to see a docter this week for it and hell probably talk to me about a diet. But I hope he doesnt try to get me on a low cal diet instead of low carb. I really just want to start a low car diet full on, not like I did it last time but take on the whole thing and go through with the lifestyle.

Im thinking maybe the Paleolithic diet would be good, do yall have any specific recomendations for low carb diet plans?

GlendaRC
Sun, Feb-01-09, 23:10
Welcome Elizabeth! And I wish you all success with whatever plan you choose. Atkins works for me, and my doctor hasn't said anything against it ... he agrees that it's working so I should keep on keeping on.

If I were you I don't think I'd say ATKINS diet, just suggest controlled carbs with no sugars or starches, or even just "whole, natural foods". You might be surprised!! I sure hope so!!!!

Bevaboo
Mon, Feb-02-09, 00:00
What Glenda said. :)

I'm glad to see you here and trying. I don't know much about any of the low carb diets except for Atkins. This page will give you an overview of all the different low carb diets that are out there. http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/ I chose Atkins because it seemed simplest for me to follow, and I'm not a great decision maker. Also, it was pretty easy for me to find info online to get started as I waited on my used copy of the book from Amazon. (It was cheaper on Amazon, too.) Although, I never actually considered any of the others, mostly because I trusted what I'd heard about Atkins.

OTOH, I've come to realize since I've been posting here that most people just need an initial guideline for low carbing. We all gradually make it our own. You learn over time what you can and cannot eat. So, I say I'm doing Atkins, but I'm actually doing a version of it that I've altered for my own tastes.

Welcome to our forum!

Kisal
Mon, Feb-02-09, 00:28
Welcome, Elizabeth! It's nice to meet you! :)

joesfolks
Mon, Feb-02-09, 08:25
Welcome. You'll find lots of support here.

NKOTBGIRL
Mon, Feb-02-09, 16:43
Thanks for the support and the link, I think I may go by the neanderthn at first Ill have to get the book

blumunz
Tue, Feb-03-09, 12:58
hello and welcome