PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 and loving it!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lydiehere
Sat, Jan-24-09, 11:07
Hello mates!! Im a Military wife and Mom of 6 and started Atkins on the 23 of jan (thursday). As of today I am down 3.3 LBS and very excited. In 2007 I weighed in at 108 lbs and had been that for years. but I started to gain a few pounds here and there at the end of 2007 (sept)and thought it was the holiday season. But by August 2008 I was up to 155 lbs and feeling tired and totally like a whole different person. I had been to military doctors and they only said sleep better and stop eating. Finally I went to a civilian doctor and he ran test and found that I have thyroid disease and put me on meds and told me to read the Atkins book. So I have and thought that I'd give it a try and see if I can lose this weight and get to feeling like im out of the fog. Im hoping that I can once again began to get the energy to run 10 miles a day like I once did.

doit4me
Sat, Jan-24-09, 13:27
Hi there from a fairly new one too ~ Welcome! :wave:

Kisal
Sat, Jan-24-09, 14:38
Welcome to the forums! Nice to meet you! :wave:

samsam
Sat, Jan-24-09, 15:20
Welcome! And I am glad you found a doctor that is pro-Atkins!

ErinRN
Sat, Jan-24-09, 15:23
Welcome to the forum. It is a great place to be. Lost 50 the first time around on Atkins.

Best wishes on your journey

lydiehere
Sat, Jan-24-09, 20:28
Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

Mousesmom
Sun, Jan-25-09, 11:59
You are very lucky to have a supportive doc!!

Good luck on the WL journey.

Julie

blumunz
Sun, Jan-25-09, 12:09
welcome and good luck