PDA

View Full Version : EggCreams?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AmberNikki
Sat, Jan-17-09, 01:11
Hi all I started low carb January 2 down 9 lbs. so far. But I hate cooking breakfast. I've been hearing about these eggcream drink? Anyone try them or know any recipes? TIA :help:

Kisal
Sat, Jan-17-09, 02:05
Hello, and welcome to the forums! :)

Basic egg creams are made with 1 to 3 whole eggs or egg yolks (your choice), about 2 T heavy cream, and 1/3 to 1/2 cup of liquid (water, tea, coffee, coconut milk, almond milk, whatever you like that's on your plan.) Whip it all up in a blender.

Some people add a scoop or two of flavored whey protein powder, along with about 1/2 cup of ice before they blend everything together.

You can add cocoa powder, Crystal Lite drink mix, sf Jello powder, or even just flavor extracts like vanilla or maple. Some people like to add pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice. Sweeten the egg cream to taste with your favorite AS if necessary.

There are literally thousands of egg cream recipes available. Google egg cream recipes and you'll find more than you can try in a lifetime. :lol:

addict1000
Sat, Jan-17-09, 14:24
Great job losing 9 lbs. I had not heard of egg creams before...but they sound yummy!

Welcome. :wave:

ErinRN
Sat, Jan-17-09, 19:59
Welcome and congrats on your loss. I have not tried the egg cream. When in a hurry I will have the low carb protein smoothie

1 scoop of whey protein I use vanilla
1 container of low carb yogurt vanilla
Diet Rite orange or black cherry.
i shake it in a coffee travel mug. it keeps me full till lunch

Best Wishes

LessLiz
Sat, Jan-17-09, 20:05
Egg creams do not actually contain eggs though there are people who make something they call an egg cream that does.

AmberNikki
Sat, Jan-17-09, 20:31
Thankyou all!