PDA

View Full Version : Hello from WV

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hillbillyh
Sun, Jan-11-09, 14:27
I'm really excited to have found this forum. I just started doing low carb on Jan. 9. I did the Atkins Diet 10 years ago and lost 40 pounds, but became pregnant with my daughter right after that and gave it up. I've tried to get back on several times over the last decade, but I've sabotaged myself every time. I have to make this work out this time because I'm not getting any younger and this weight is taking its toll on my health. I'll be 43 in March and I want to lose at least 100 pounds. I struggle with food and especially carbs but I feel so good when I stay away from them. It's crazy! I look forward to gleaning lots of good info from these boards and interacting with other members. Bye for now!

Bru88
Sun, Jan-11-09, 14:48
Welcome to the forums...Bru :wave:

addict1000
Mon, Jan-12-09, 10:38
Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around. I have had some of the same experiences. I know that LC is the way for me ...but this has been a 10 year stuggle. I am finding great success now that I am glued to this board!

Best wishes :wave:

Balyzchuby
Mon, Jan-12-09, 11:52
Hello, it sounds like we are in the same boat! I will be 44 in May and I need to lose ALOT. I started lc on Jan 5th, and the scale tells me I was 254, so one week in, and I am feeling great! You had great success on this 10 years ago and I have no doubt that you can do the same this time! You are not alone! I agree that the encouragement we receive from this board really make a huge difference. As for me, my goal at this point is to get to 200!

Kisal
Mon, Jan-12-09, 13:58
Welcome! Nice to meet you! :wave:

cmebethin
Tue, Jan-13-09, 10:26
I'm really excited to have found this forum. I just started doing low carb on Jan. 9. I did the Atkins Diet 10 years ago and lost 40 pounds, but became pregnant with my daughter right after that and gave it up. I've tried to get back on several times over the last decade, but I've sabotaged myself every time. I have to make this work out this time because I'm not getting any younger and this weight is taking its toll on my health. I'll be 43 in March and I want to lose at least 100 pounds. I struggle with food and especially carbs but I feel so good when I stay away from them. It's crazy! I look forward to gleaning lots of good info from these boards and interacting with other members. Bye for now!
Welcome to the FORUM...Im from Kentucky, so I consider you my neighbor...lol...Im also new to this FORUM and need all the advice I can get!
Have a Good Day! ~Tam