PDA

View Full Version : Exercise Frequency Question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jayseem
Sun, Jan-11-09, 10:21
I am trying to exercise everyday on a ski machine. Some days the workout time is better than others, (back aches prevent longer sessions) so I am not consistent on a daily basis.

My question is: If I work out twice a day for, say 15 minutes, do I get the same benefit as working out once a day for 30 minutes?

Bru88
Sun, Jan-11-09, 15:00
Joe all I can tell you is my personal experience. When I got my elliptical machine I was 675 pounds and could only go 2 minutes at a time. I just kept getting on it 5-6 times a day, I built up to an hour every day. So I would have to say yes, if your back problems limit you to twice a day 15 minutes it is better then just one session of 15 minutes. Best of luck...Bru

jschwab
Sun, Jan-11-09, 15:25
I think you get a better benefit - at least that's what the exercise experts say.