PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bristol England!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Luffers
Sat, Jan-03-09, 13:46
Hello fellow low-carbers, how are you today?

My name is Pete and I start the atkins diet tomorrow along with my girlfriend.

I have done my homework and am feeling confident its gonna work this time :lol:

I tried a similiar keto type diet a little while ago which was unsuccesful but I think I know where I went wrong so its all good.

I would be interested to hear from people from the U.K as to where is the best place to buy low carb ingredients such as almond flour, flax meal etc.

Thanks for reading and see you around :wave:

RCFletcher
Sat, Jan-03-09, 14:33
Hello Luffers and welcome!

You can find almond flour (ground almonds) in Holland and Baretts along with flax meal and other useful things such as soya flour.

Lidls do an excellent sugar free ketchup

If you look in the UK section of this board you'll get lots of ideas.

Good luck,

Robert

Luffers
Sat, Jan-03-09, 16:02

You can find almond flour (ground almonds) in Holland and Baretts along with flax meal and other useful things such as soya flour.

Good luck,

Robert

Hi Robert

There's a UK section! Excellent!!

Haven't had a look around yet, thanks for the heads up :thup:

addict1000
Sat, Jan-03-09, 16:17
Welcome!

We have quite a few people from the UK on this site...That is really cool. Maybe you all need to get together and start demanding more LC foods ;)

Best wishes for you success and that of your girlfriend!
:wave:

Demi
Sat, Jan-03-09, 16:49
Hey Pete, welcome from another Brit :wave:

I would be interested to hear from people from the U.K as to where is the best place to buy low carb ingredients such as almond flour, flax meal etc.Robert has already pointed you in the direction of H&B, but you'll also find flax, ground almonds (almond flour) and other such suitable ingredients, in most supermarkets such as Tesco and Sainsburys too.

Luffers
Sat, Jan-03-09, 16:49
Welcome!

We have quite a few people from the UK on this site...That is really cool. Maybe you all need to get together and start demanding more LC foods ;)

Best wishes for you success and that of your girlfriend!
:wave:

Thanks for the welcome

Hows the weather in Texas right now? Bloody hot I imagine?

I have suggested to UK supermarkets to stock LC food via their suggestion boxes. Hopefully others will to.

Luffers
Sat, Jan-03-09, 16:51
Hey Pete, welcome from another Brit :wave:

Robert has already pointed you in the direction of H&B, but you'll also find flax, ground almonds (almond flour) and other such suitable ingredients, in most supermarkets such as Tesco and Sainsburys too.

Thanks Demi, I'll take a look tomorrow :thup:

Luffers
Mon, Jan-05-09, 04:49

Good luck,

Robert

Is flax meal the flax seeds ground up? I tryed holland and barretts and they only have milled seeds! is this the same stuff as flax meal?

I have found a low carb bread recipe which uses flax meal, but can I just grind up some seeds and use that?

lausie
Mon, Jan-05-09, 19:27
Hey Pete,

Welcome to the board, I hope you and your girlfriend are doing well so far!

I'm not sure about the flax thing but what I would say is be very careful with some of the substitute recipes as they may just make you crave the real thing, especially so early on into the way of eating.

Everyone is different but I always find sticking to the induction food list for the first 2 weeks is a fab way of cleansing your body and getting rid of all the bad stuff and kickstarting the weight loss.

Either way, I wish you both all the success - please keep us posted with your progress!!

Lausie :o)