PDA

View Full Version : Feeling full

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rainsimar
Thu, Mar-28-02, 15:09
I have had a new experience both yesterday and today during my reward meal (lunch). Yesterday I had a big salad and a dish of Gorgonzola pasta. So, I ate the salad, and then about half way through my pasta I was full and didn't want any more. Then today, I had a ceasar salad with chicken and a bran muffin. And before I was finished with my bran muffin, I was full and didn't want any more.

It wasn't an over stuffed feeling...I was just full ... couldn't take another bite. I'm wondering if this is what normal eaters feel like all the time. They eat enough, and then they are full and they stop! Interesting...because before, I would eat even though I was full, and when I was so stuffed I couldn't eat more, I felt sick and heavy. But both today and yesterday, almost as soon as I left the table, the full feeling was gone, leaving a satisfied feeling in its place, and I had as much energy as ever.

Is this what it's going to be like every day? Because, I could actually live like this!

Rain

OKwoer
Thu, Mar-28-02, 16:11
Rain...I think you've articulated very well why the LC lifestyle is so appealing. So many of us have lived a life of not being in control of our food intake. I can't tell you how many nights in my life I went to bed in absolute misery from stuffing my self. I can remember (but hope I soon forget) how no matter how full I was, there was always room for more chocolate.

The feeling of eating like a "normal person" is so incredibly liberating.

Celebrating yours and our new freedom,

Libbyfcr
Fri, Mar-29-02, 15:36
Rain,

You have described me exactly!

I could not have said it better.

Libby :wave:

lcon109
Fri, Mar-29-02, 20:05
Isn't it something??!!?? I feel exactly the same way. I'm completely satisfied with my meals. So much so that I shake my head in amazement because I can't believe this is as easy as it's been. I'm enjoying my food much more, I enjoy cooking again and I'm feeling more energetic than I have in years.

I love your Salad/chicken/bran muffin meal!! I think I'm going to have that next week! See? Something as simple as adding a muffin instead of a desert or other carb is incredibly appealing to me. I simply didn't think of it!

Lisa

lcon109
Fri, Mar-29-02, 20:06
I don't see a journal for you, but I wanted you to know how much I enjoy your enthusiastic, well articulated posts. :)

Lisa

OKwoer
Sat, Mar-30-02, 08:16
Lisa,
Thank you so much for your flattering words. I must say, I'm equally impressed by someone who quotes Kierkegaard in her post :cool:

As for a journal, I'm keeping one in Fitday. Right now, I'm more comfortable keeping some of my thoughts on this journey to myself.

Again, thanks!

lcon109
Sat, Mar-30-02, 17:52
Jim, my Kierkegaard quote was supposed to be a bit shorter than that :p
I forgot to edit it before I hit the submit button! I thought that while reading through my quotes that I have selected for many things, that one (at least the beginning) fits the LC way of life pretty well. The majority of dieters, doctors, mothers, friends seem to think that we, the LCers (read: minority) don't have a clue as to what we're doing. But they just simply don't have the information or care to have it.

I would like to invite you to visit my journal as often as you wish. I used to do a journal at fitday and can completely understand being introspective with no one looking over your shoulder.

I'll be looking for your posts throughout the forum and look forward to sharing your thoughts!

Lisa :wave: