PDA

View Full Version : You people are Great.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Traveller
Thu, Mar-28-02, 10:21
You people are so Great. I was feeling a little down because I haven't lost any lbs in 2 days. Also I am worried about Easter and the Familydinner at my daughters. I have not told anyone that I am on a (diet) except my husband. How can I say no to mashed potato's ham and rich deserts? Hopefully they have salads and eggs. I came here read a few notes and I am cheered up. I am sure I can somehow find something I can eat at the dinner, maybe I'll make a salad and take it there. I am sure come next week I will lose again. Thank you all for the support. I thank God I found this site. :daizy:
HAPPY EASTER

wbahn
Thu, Mar-28-02, 13:52
Family dinners can be quite challenging. Consider this - when you go to a family dinner do you always eat some of everything on the table? Everything? I don't. There are plenty of dishes that I just don't like or that I might like but my plate is full of other things first and I never get around to it.

So take plenty of the things that you can eat and if anyone asks just say that you've got to make some room on your plate first. Then conveniently forget to make the room by taking more of the things you can have as soon as there's an empty spot.

Dessert is the trickiest part but that can be handled by telling them that you'll probably snag some later but that you are just too stuffed right now. Then you simply forget to ask later.

Happy Easter!

fleadogs
Thu, Mar-28-02, 15:02
This may sound a little silly, but there are FOOD PUSHERS in my extended family. I take a _very_ small spoonful of say mashed potatoes, then I just simply spread it around without actually eating it. Yes my plate may look a bit messy, and this technique will not work if you have to be a member of the clean plate club. But this way you can say that you took some of Aunt Edna's double dredged, flour packed, sugar laden dish! (Just be quiet about the not eating bit) And if anyone does the " you didn't eat much... say the ham (or appropriate protein) was FANTASTIC and I just HAD to have another slice. BOY am I stuffed. " I second wbahn's technique of "saving" desert. That's always been sucessful for me!

You can do it!!! Let us know how you did!

In_Control
Thu, Mar-28-02, 16:52
Gosh, I'm still reeling :roll: that you've lost almost 20 lbs in less than 2 weeks!!!!! So missing a couple of days without a loss...I can see how that would be disappointing...but COME ON!!!! I'm so jealous I could puke! 19 POUNDS!!!! That is GREAT! You can make it through Easter dinner...heck you can make it through THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS and ICE CREAM CITY for that kind of success!

You've done absolutely GREAT! :thup: Keep it up. And I'm sure your family is gonna notice soon! That's exciting.

YOUR IN CONTROL TRAVELLER! :clap:

Traveller
Thu, Mar-28-02, 18:38
Thank you all.
I heard there will be cheesecake for desert, Can I eat that? I am still on induction.
As I said b4 You are a great bunch. :rheart:
Happy Easter

wbahn
Thu, Mar-28-02, 19:18
No. In addition to the crust, the cheesecake is going to have lots of sugar in it.

One thing you might do is take your own LC dessert. The Peanut Butter Pie is really good and there is an LC cheesecake. You can find these in the Low Carb Recipes section on the orange bar at the top. Not the best thing to have on Induction, but you can eat a slice without busting the rules.