PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Bombshell Looking To Become Slim Missile :-)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BlondePunk
Sat, Dec-13-08, 22:58
Hi!

I am a college student who let herself get way too heavy due to stress, finals, and general laziness. I rather stupidly started Atkins the week of Thanksgiving, and now I'm restarting induction tomorrow!

I'm close to 5 foot 6 inches tall, and I feel unhappy with myself at 148 pounds -- I was 125 when I was 18! I have a medium frame and a naturally hourglass figure, so I can be heedless of weight creep --- as long as my waist stays small I figure I am fine. However, I am fighting that by going to the gym now and trying to stick to a low-carb diet. I'll be doing Atkins "by the book" now.

I've been really inspired by these forums and have been lurking for a long time, thought it was time to register.

I even (gulp) took some Before pictures on November 14th, which I will post when I get some Afters.

Glad to be on board with all you lovely folks.

-- Rivka
Edit/Delete Message

Kisal
Sat, Dec-13-08, 23:18
Welcome to the forums. Nice to have you with us! :wave:

BlondePunk
Sat, Dec-13-08, 23:37
Thanks Kisal!

Quick newbie question I couldn't find by doing a search: your stats list your progress as being at a percentage. How can I get mine to do that? I looked on my control panel and couldn't figure it out.

Ptrcmcc6
Sun, Dec-14-08, 00:46
Did you go to the top green bar where it says "User CP" and fill out your profile? Whenever I edit my profile to show a lower weight, it usually changes my % automatically.

HTH

Patty

BlondePunk
Sun, Dec-14-08, 01:05
Thanks Patty, all I had to do was change the numbers once and it updated!

Gosh, really puts things in perspective . . .