PDA

View Full Version : Yatzee another new wonderer.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Yatzee
Sat, Dec-13-08, 05:40
Hello to all, My name is Yatzee and I am new to this web and new to the computer world. So please bear with me as I stumble thru this stage of learning. I thank you for doing that. I am 69 yrs and have been on synthroid about 45 of those years. I have been fighting the bulge for a number of yrs now and since I got this computer I am searching how to do atkins with taking synthroid. Oh, I might need to mention that I'm taking synthroid because my thyroid gland was removed totally back then. So , well I guess I tend to babble on and on . If anyone can shed light on any problems with doing Atkins.

liddie01
Sat, Dec-13-08, 05:46
Welcome Yatzee, I think you will like it here, when I first came here I was new to the internet too, but the prople are very nice. I do Atkins, but have no thyroid problems so I can't help you there.

Yatzee
Sat, Dec-13-08, 06:18
Hi Liddie 01, thanks for the reply. I actually did Atkins back in 2003 and had real hard time loosing after the first 10/15 lbs which came off easy. It took about a year but finally lost 40 lbs. I was loving my new weight of 185, but then gave up doing Atkins stage one all the time just to maintain my weight. Seemed like every time I tried to indroduce some carbs into my diet I would start to gain weight. I stayed with low carb but I love food so much plus I like to drink wine with meals,beer with hot sunny days, and mixed drinks once in a while. My wifes home made bread became a no-no on low carb, but was hard to turn that down all the time. So anyway I ended up back to square one, which is where I am now and hating myself for letting it happen. I am now at 229, and I probably waddle like a duck. I have desided it was time to get back to stage one doing Atkins, but I know how tough it will be being on synthroid. That is why I sought this web hoping someone out there has been there done that and can help me . I beleive it has a lot to do with metabalizing my carbs?

Bru88
Sat, Dec-13-08, 09:27
Welcome to the forums, best of luck...Bru

Kisal
Sat, Dec-13-08, 11:38
Welcome to the forums, Yatzee! I'm glad you're here with us! :)

I'm 64, and I've been taking thyroid since my son was born, 25 years ago. The fact that you need to take thyroxine does not mean you have to do anything special to follow the Atkins plan.

Enjoy the site! You'll find a ton of information. You might also want to start a journal, as it's a good way to stay accountable on your plan, and you'll make lots of new friends, too! :wave:

hippiechyk
Sat, Dec-13-08, 14:54
:wave: i'm new around here too, i'm sure you'll enjoy it, everyone here is quite pleasant!