PDA

View Full Version : I gained 50 in a year

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

_ButterFly
Fri, Dec-05-08, 07:04
:mad: i just saw an old email where i purchased a pair of size 10 gap jeans on ebay 11/07 today 12/08 i am in a size 16

i just can not believe i gained so much weight in just one short year... all i did was stop smoking and drinking beer, you would have thought all those extra calories from all that beer i would have lost not gained...

so here i am, ready to loose this 50 before spring april 2008 that is 5 months to loose 50 pounds.. so here i am.. i also am fixing to go to my first OA meeting
(overeaters anyomous)

for now i am just cutting down on bread, starch and suger for two weeks then will start induction. i get severe head aches if i stop carbs cold turkey.. all help and support appreciated. i have never been in a forum persay so this may be fun, we will see i guess. so for today... no starch sugar or bread, but will have some berries and nuts with natural sugars

hi to all and hope to meet new friends and have support

ButterFly :yum:

*Sheila*
Fri, Dec-05-08, 07:26
I wish you well on your journey. I look back to a year ago today and I am just in awe of how far I have come in just a short time. It didn't feel short .... but, I feel tons better! You will too!

_ButterFly
Fri, Dec-05-08, 07:38
wow thanks shelia. i got my first reply (YOU) in less than 20 min from my post. i do appreciate the welcome and the head up.. look forward to being friends and sharing progress. it seems so bleak now. i was looking at my size 10 photos just a minute ago, in dispair. totally dispair...

ButterFly

NixCarbos
Fri, Dec-05-08, 08:11
:wave:

Welcome!

You are so right, that weight does pile on fast. Take a deep breath and jump right in!

Lisa

lexiecmrn
Fri, Dec-05-08, 08:11
I know the feeling well having recently gone from size 8 to 14/16....IT SUCKS!!!! I'll join you in trying to lose 50 by April.

_ButterFly
Fri, Dec-05-08, 12:03
i did a ticker... now that was fun, took me an hour, but that was an hour i was not stuffing my face...... lol... but the camera for my before photo... i dont want to take it.... but i will, ..... this weekend

gusman
Fri, Dec-05-08, 12:07
Amazing how the weight goes on so fast. My weight has fluctuated so much in the past years that I have 2 sets of clothes. When I am heavy I think to myself, How did I ever fit into those close? When I am in good shape, I cant figure out how I was so big to fit into my big mans clothes.

gusman
Fri, Dec-05-08, 12:08
The great thing is that you know you can lose those 50 pounds by the spring of 09 because the atkins diet works.

joylorene
Fri, Dec-05-08, 12:32
I know what you mean - I kept on going up then down then up again so I finally quit with the beer and have lost 6lbs since Sunday!! WOW I didn't realize beer was the cause of it - but must be since that is all I have changed.

Good Luck to you - you can do it

We are going on a cruise in March so I also want to drop 50lbs by then (fingers & toes crossed)

zodea
Fri, Dec-05-08, 12:38
i did a ticker... now that was fun, took me an hour, but that was an hour i was not stuffing my face...... lol... but the camera for my before photo... i dont want to take it.... but i will, ..... this weekend

The before photo is worth it. It really helps you see the weight loss. Sometimes after 10 or 20 pounds you don't feel like you really lost anything. But you can SEE it in the pictures. It really helps keep you motivated.

zodea

Kisal
Fri, Dec-05-08, 13:51
Welcome aboard! :wave:

_ButterFly
Fri, Dec-05-08, 15:51
Welcome aboard! :wave:

omg 350 to 236 what an inspiration you are.... i hope you have some photos to share just as soon as i figure out how to search for them.

wow you have lost a whole person already

I KNOW YOU ARE PROUD... i am for you... thanks for the welcome

Annie1gi
Fri, Dec-05-08, 15:58
Welcome to the forums! Best of luck to you!

Annie :wave:

_ButterFly
Fri, Dec-05-08, 16:01
:p I know what you mean - I kept on going up then down then up again so I finally quit with the beer and have lost 6lbs since Sunday!! WOW I didn't realize beer was the cause of it - but must be since that is all I have changed.

Good Luck to you - you can do it

We are going on a cruise in March so I also want to drop 50lbs by then (fingers & toes crossed)

i was drinking that rolling rock low carb beer... but it still adds up fast if you drink a six pack or more.... i feel better not drinking, or smoking. i just stopped cold turkey, but the food has taken the addiction of the two in a massive way.... i almost want to start drinking and smoking again,,,,, but,,,,,, if i can stop smoking and drinking, i can stop eating,,,, hey,,,, i dont have to stop eating.... i could eat steak ALL DAY LONG.... couldnt I ???

I just need to put down the candy, bread, pizza, pasta, cokes, and go for the green veggies, and water, and PROTIEN.... so i could still eat all day long.... just meat, cheese, eggs, water, wow that is comforting, but i am just having a problem committing to today.... i started off good this morning but .... i wont go into it.. this is suppose to be positive, i dont want to bring anyone down..... but i still have the rest of the day. i still plan on induction, right now i am just cutting at least half of all carbs, sugars starch, i just can not deal with the 5-8 day headache that come with strict induction.

i have really enjoyed my first day here, even if i was not perfect... it is PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION... right.....

i still have not ventured into the forum, other than the welcome area, it is a vass place out there, i am sure to get very lost, so i will go slow and take peeks

thanks y'all

ButterFly

Kirsteen
Fri, Dec-05-08, 16:04
Good luck, Butterfly - I recommend My Plan to help you on your way. Remember that it took a year to put that weight on, and it's generally a lot easier to put on than lose, so don't be disappointed if you find your weight loss is slower than 10lbs a month - the important thing is to keep with your goals, and you'll get the rewards in due course.

_ButterFly
Fri, Dec-05-08, 19:06
Good luck, Butterfly - I recommend My Plan to help you on your way. Remember that it took a year to put that weight on, and it's generally a lot easier to put on than lose, so don't be disappointed if you find your weight loss is slower than 10lbs a month - the important thing is to keep with your goals, and you'll get the rewards in due course.
thank you for the advise. i will look at my plan.

i would be happy with a 5 pound weight loss at this point. i know i will probally loose 7-10 the first month, after that i will be happy with any loss,

Hismouse
Sat, Dec-06-08, 17:29
Hi Butterfly, welcome, Make a journal, I am so glad you came here, and joined with us...You can do it, and I wish you all the luck in the world:) hugs Debbie

ILoveMyKit
Sun, Dec-07-08, 19:17
welcome and good luck :) i too went from 219 last november to 268 by july..yikes! didnt even take me a year.
it will come off for you :) and the people here have tons of excellent advise to aid you along the way!

Karkel
Sun, Dec-07-08, 19:24
My goal is my bday 50th..April 3rd..so I am right there with you guys..I have 31 lbs to lose...maybe more if I get there..135 puts me in an 8..I'm happy with that. 6 wuld be nice too.LOL

DishyFishy
Sun, Dec-07-08, 21:22
Hi, Butterfly! :wave: I gained 70 pounds in two years, 23 of which came on after I quit smoking. Congrats on making the commitment to lose the weight — low-carb is an awesome WOL — and on keeping off the ciggies, of course. :thup:

anyve
Sun, Dec-07-08, 22:14
Hi Butterfly!!!! welcome to this forum!!!! I have been doing Atkins for one year and seven months and I love it!!! I not only lost weight but also I am helthier than ever!! I love this WOE and this forum...I have found a lot of support here !!!

And about OA ....I am sure that OA meetings will help you a lot, you will meet people with the same problem that we have sharing their experiences and you will feel that you are not alone!!!

take care and welcome again!!

Patty47200
Sun, Dec-07-08, 23:12
Welcome, I need to save your post so I can remember how fast the weight can come back on. I have lost 60 pounds and I don't want to be back up in weight a year from now!

FatFreeMe
Mon, Dec-08-08, 08:15
Butterfly, Welcome to the forum. I also put on 50 pounds when I quit smoking, and I was already overweight to start with--but I thought I just wanted to do it "one thing at a time". Now, I'm still fighting to get it off, and my age is against me --all those raging 'old lady hormones!' Actually someone likened losing weight to quitting smoking and I tend to relate with that.. I didn't quit smoking the first time I tried either. Good luck, we can do this.

Patty --congrats on the 60 pounds lost! that's great!

joylorene
Mon, Dec-08-08, 16:36
Hey just take each day at a time and sooner than you know you'll have a month under your belt! (hopefully a smaller belt too!) It just takes time and I find it easier to just look at it daily -

Hang in there!! It's not easy to give up so much at one time but it all seems to go together - and I know I was also drinking Miller 64 with only 2carbs but 4 or 5 of them and it does add up! And then I usually reach for the crunchy snacks after the beer - that got me back up my 30lbs!

You can do it

Zilly
Wed, Dec-10-08, 14:00
Good luck, butterfly, and welcome! I'm a newbie here, too, but not to forums or LC.
I, too, am looking at my pre-preggie clothes from a mere 18 months ago, and they're so tiny they look like doll clothes! :)
Rather than focusing on how much it sucks that I'm 70 pounds overweight, I'm trying to focus on how much fun it will be to discover all these "new" clothes in my closet when I've reached my goal weight. :)
Good luck - and I'll be cheering you on!

_ButterFly
Thu, Dec-11-08, 20:13
wow gang. thanks for all the bookoos of support here. i really appreciate it. i have been sick for two days. sinus and fever. i have been taking nyquil yep with sugar. antobotics, tylenol and advil, lots of homemade veggie soup my mom made a huge batch, that is about all i have been eating, it is tomato based, not low carb but it is veggies so not to bad no crackers... i have not started induction yet. i want to but crap like getting sick or thanksgiving and now christmas in two weeks i just want to binge till christmas and then do it and that is no way to be thinking this.... again thanks for all the kind words of wisdom... it really gives me hope for tomorrow, i purchased a 5 pound bag of boneless chicken thighs ( i dont like white meat, tooo dry) from sams i am going to deep fry it in oil with parmasian cheese, a recipie i did years ago, and lemon pepper, and itialian, and russian, fat free dressings, i will have a different flavour all week, and i got three dozon eggs, do i am planning induction... went to charlies meat market and got a box of ribeyes but they did not have the thighs, only breast. i got chedar cheese, and i got three pounds of turkey breast on a one day sale for 2.39 a pound marked down from 5.99 a pound. i wanted a hoggie so bad, but passed the bread isle and said no, bye bye bread.... ok all wish me luckand i wish you luck....
thanks
god bless and have a Merry CHRISTmas

_ButterFly
Thu, Dec-11-08, 20:15
Butterfly, Welcome to the forum. I also put on 50 pounds when I quit smoking, and I was already overweight to start with--but I thought I just wanted to do it "one thing at a time". Now, I'm still fighting to get it off, and my age is against me --all those raging 'old lady hormones!' Actually someone likened losing weight to quitting smoking and I tend to relate with that.. I didn't quit smoking the first time I tried either. Good luck, we can do this.

Patty --congrats on the 60 pounds lost! that's great!

i love your avator, i had to copy it, but will not use it here, i just had to have it. i will put it on myspace where i plan to do a new lay out with faries and such

_ButterFly
Sun, Dec-14-08, 10:27
i went shopping for food supply. went to sams wholesale club and purchased a 5 pound bag of chicken filets unbreaded and skinned, flashed frozen, talapia filets, butter, cottage cheese, 3 dozen eggs, hamburger patties, heavy whipping cream, fresh brocolli, cheddar cheese, american cheese. i am fixing to go cook up a few days worth and pack up into breafast, lunch and dinners worth, boil up eggs, make some deviled, etc. i am so excited about getting all this rolling. i have not been anywhere hardly on the forum, so i guess i will venture to the newbie forums, i can not beleive there is 75,000 members in this one forum and 800 on line right now, i had no idea low carbing was soooo popular... hope to see some of you guys in the newbie section.... thanks for all your help here in the introduction forum... /\ ButterFly

zodea
Sun, Dec-14-08, 10:54
Yikes... I couldn't buy that much from Sam's and keep it!

I love their tequila lime chicken wings. Only a few carbs and Sooooooooo good. I am doing good to be holding my own so far this month. I'm not so concerned about losing weight as not gaining any! Hopefully after Christmas I can get strict and lose some weight. I 'think' it will be easier over vacation. I'll have time to cook/plan and not be on autopilot so much.

Glad you joined us! It really is a great place.

zodea

Kirsteen
Sun, Dec-14-08, 11:00
Hi Butterfly,

Well done for getting on board. :clap: You *can* keep on track over Christmas by aiming to be mostly low-carb. Wouldn't it be great to lose over the Christmas period? A lot of us are aiming to do that. Take a look at the Challenges Forum section. There are quite a few challenges for people who need support to stay on track over the festive season - I joined one called "Lose Through The Holidays". It's really good to have support with whatever challenges we're facing. There's another group which is doing an induction over Christmas - I think it is called "Santa's Induction to Christmas, and there are others too. If you're interested, then read through the threads and decide which is going to help you to stay on track best.

Best of luck with your diet, and have a merry Christmas

_ButterFly
Sun, Dec-14-08, 11:02
i have two side by side ref freezers and then a small 5 ft freezer i just cleaned out for the foods

thanks i love being here