PDA

View Full Version : new and old...I'm back

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dazygirl
Tue, Mar-26-02, 19:06
I am not new to lo-carbing, but I have been lazy...

3 years ago I lost 30 pounds on Atkins. Then I had some health issues, changed jobs and plain old let myself go. I have gained back 20 pounds. But, summer is coming and I am healthy so it is time to get back on it!

I know from past experience that this doesn't work as magically as it did the first time, so I plan to really work on the exercise part of all this. and instead of eating typical Atkins fare...huge portions with lots of fat, I want to come up with a liveable plan that I can stick with.

So, wish me luck...and the same to you! We are all in this together

Dazygirl

wbahn
Tue, Mar-26-02, 22:13
Greetings and welcome aboard!

I would recommend reading as many of the LC books as you can find. Get as much information as you can and that will help you make really informed decisions about your permanent lifestyle plan.

Good luck!

Shellyf34
Wed, Mar-27-02, 14:09
Hi there Dazygirl! :wave:

We are in exactly the same boat! I lost 35 pounds in 1998, changed jobs around (why does EVERY darn office seem to have a Bagel Day!!!) and managed to exceed my previous highest weight a month ago!

Now I am back, too! It will be fun to track our losses and talk each other through plataues and all that (although I really did like the "Whooshes" after the stalls). It is already slower this time around, but hey, it took me three years to gain it back, so I don't expect it to be gone overnight! ;)

Good Luck!

Shelly

PS Luckily now I have a home office, so am not tempted by ANY office goodies! :D