PDA

View Full Version : Im new! Do you guys think that it is reasonable ;

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CallieM
Thu, Nov-20-08, 15:13
Hey, I'm a 15 year old female. Name's Callie. I decided to start Atkins a month ago from today and so far its been pretty good. Ive lost abotu 20 lbs, although i dont think i really notice it. I was 197lbs when started and now im 177lbs. I moved to Alaska 3 months ago from Hawaii. In May i am moving back home in 6 months and i really wish i would actually look good in a swimsuit for once in my life!
Do you guys think that it is reasonable for me to expect to be 135lbs by next may? I hope so.
Atkins wasnt easy at first. The first two weeks i stuck to it strictly. Lost about 12 lb. Then for a week i was horrible and this last week im back on.
I really want to be thin. BEing an over weight teenager really is pretty hard on your self esttem.
No one knows im on this Diet. So its great to read all your guys's concerns and improvments!
Callie

Allergymom
Thu, Nov-20-08, 16:52
Welcome Callie..

You should be able to achieve your goal..As long as you stay true to the WOE and get lots of water and exercise..Just remember dont let the scale rule you..Make it a priority to eat healthy/low carb and watch the inches. There are skinny-fat people out there..does that make sense?

Anyway..welcome and best of luck on your weightloss endeavor..I do agree..Being a teen now is so dern hard..Lots of peer pressure etc..Being an overweight teen is rough..Think positive and you can do this

Good luck

Kisal
Thu, Nov-20-08, 18:03
Welcome, Callie! I agree that your goal is quite reasonable! Best wishes to you! :wave:

Kirsteen
Fri, Nov-21-08, 05:07
Hi Callie,

Well done for taking your health in your hands and doing your first month of Atkins.

After induction, a healthy weight loss is around 1-2 lbs a week, with the scales fluctuating or sticking at times, so yours sounds great. I weigh every day, and record every new low weight as it arrives, and ignore the fact that my weight immediately shoots back up the next day. It gradually creeps down again, and I record the next new low when I see it. It is frustratingly slow.. :rolleyes:

Have you decided how you're going to approach the holiday season? Some people have "planned cheats" on special occasions. I had one in September - I ate low carb for the starter and main course, but had a full portion of a very rich dessert to finish. Some people find that cheats are a slippery slope leading to disaster, but it worked for me. One thing I cannot limit is chocolate.. and I usually get lots at Christmas. This year, I'll be giving all of mine away. I've already asked people not to give me chocolate, and have a list of gift suggestions ready for anyone who asks for ideas. :D I am staying strictly on the diet over the festive period, because the best Christmas present I could have is to feel great.

Take a look at some of the different challenges, etc.. You might find it useful to join one of those to see you through Christmas.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106

Good luck with your weight loss.

CallieM
Fri, Nov-21-08, 15:02
Have you decided how you're going to approach the holiday season?

Good luck with your weight loss.
Well, I planned to be strict till dec21, and then ONLY eat cack on my birthday, and little treats. No snacking on festive treats. Getting back on come dec27th.
Luckly, im a meat and veggie lover, so thanksgiving wont be too hard. Ill just stock up on the turkey! :]

Thanks for your comment!

Kirsteen
Fri, Nov-21-08, 15:51
Good luck! and enjoy :)

LMMS
Fri, Nov-21-08, 17:00
Hi Callie and welcome!! You did great your first month. It's the best because you lose the most weight but the worst because you are really limited. I have a niece your age and I can't see here taking on this task that you are taking on. That is very commendable. So you are a very strong girl. Just like someone posted before, the scale is not the only thing to measure your weight by. I was losing weight at one point when I wasn't exercising and I found that I was losing more muscle mass than fat. If you just be really active everyday, the sky is the limit. But you have to think of it as a way of life or WOL instead of a diet. The word diet makes people think it is over when they reach that "goal" weight but it doesn't. You don't get to just go back to eating the same way and stay the same weight. While doing Atkins, you will learn so much about what your body can take and what it can't. Also, you will learn psychologically what you can take. Like the post before said she can't stop on chocolate, well if that is your downfall, then stay away from it for awhile.

Unfortunately mine is all Thanksgiving food but I have learned to like veggies so I will just eat the turkey and veggies but I am making a low carb cheesecake too. Lots of recipes here. You are old enough to make some great dishes that your whole family can enjoy.

Good luck to you. You have the right attitude so I think you can reach your goal or at least be very happy with the results when you get back to Hawaii. Being in cold Chicago, I would love to visit there one day.

TTFN,

Lisa :wave: