PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Brenda43
Thu, Nov-06-08, 10:15
Hello everyone,
In 2004 I tried the Atkins WOL and lost over 50lbs. I was in the 240's when I started at that time and got down to 191. I did it faithfully for 4 months when I started it. Since then I have been on and off the Atkins plan, and my weight has been back and forth from 226 to 205.
I am starting it this time and I don't want to stop until I reach my goal.
A little about me, I am 43 and work as a nurse. I have one son that is 20yrs old.
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Brenda

Singer82
Thu, Nov-06-08, 10:18
Hello Brenda!

Welcome to the forum! You will do great!

Bru88
Thu, Nov-06-08, 10:41
Hi Brenda, welcome back to the LC way of life. Best of Luck...Bru :wave:

IrishShrty
Thu, Nov-06-08, 11:36
You might need to wrap your mind around this being a way of life for eating, with the exception of course of a once in awhile stray that doesn't do a lot of damage.
It's just not a quick fix. Welcome to a healthy plan that will getcha where you wanna go:)

Kisal
Thu, Nov-06-08, 13:56
Welcome, Brenda! :wave:

Brenda43
Thu, Nov-06-08, 14:03
Thanks everybody. I am going to stick with low carb until I reach 140.
I work 16 hour shifts. The hardest thing for me to overcome is not getting a candy bar from the snack machine for a pick me up. That habit has to go out the window today!
Take care
Brenda

Bru88
Thu, Nov-06-08, 15:04
Brenda you might want to rethink this "I am going to stick with low carb until I reach 140. " If you go back to eating carbs like you used to you will more than likely gain the weight right back plus. Thats why they call this a way of life. Of course if you stay LC you will probably be able to add a lot more carbs back in to maintain. Best of luck...Bru :wave:

Kay2008
Thu, Nov-06-08, 22:16
Hiya Brenda and welcome!

You have come to the right place... this forum is great! :D