PDA

View Full Version : hi all, newbie here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

yinit9278
Mon, Nov-03-08, 18:47
Hi guys, I'm new to a low carb diet, this is a first time that I've ever tried one. I'm a typical yo-yo dieter and that worked ok for me throughout high school. I would fluctuate between 118-124 and that was fine with me. Every time I gained some weight I would just stop eating everything but fruit for a week and drop back down to a weight I enjoyed and I would stay there for a few months, i know not that healthy :agree: . However last year I started college and ofcourse you guys have heard of the freshman 15.... I ofcourse had to gain a freshman 20. Last year I just couldn't motivate myself to lose weight. I would study forever (nursing school is hell don't let anyone tell you otherwise... goddamn orgo) but i digress, and all I would want at the end of the day was something yummy and nourishing. So obviously I understand how I got where I am today... Being at 5'1 and 138 isn't fun. I know it's not a deadly weight but I'm very uncomfortable in my skin. I've been dieting starting august... I've dropped down as far as 126 but starvation just doesn't work anymore. My body is rebelling and it's not letting me stay iron strong like I used to do. :lol: So within two weeks that I stopped starving I went up to 138 again. I'm ready to lose the weight finally and keep it off for good. Has anyone else on here tried atkins?? How did it work out for you guys? What are the general feelings with this diet?? Sorry I know long thread... but I'm very excited to be here :wave: :help: !!!!

Kisal
Mon, Nov-03-08, 21:39
Welcome! I'm glad you found us! :)

There are a lot of members who follow Atkins. You can see everyone's progress on the upper-right-hand corner of their posts, right across from the member's name. If you move your mouse over the little pink or blue gender icon, you can see how tall the person is. Many of us have tickers that show our losses also.

The Atkins forum is http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98