PDA

View Full Version : New to the site

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RachelGra
Mon, Mar-25-02, 13:24
:wave: Hi! I'm Rachel. I am new to this site, but not really new to the low-carb deal. I had a body builder for a father, so I know all about low-carbing it! I just had my second child 4 months ago and am trying to loose all the pregnancy weight I gained! I started low-carbs about 2 weeks ago and so far I have lost 5 pounds. I am not really following any kind of diet, just what I feel is best and works for my body. This is a great site and I am enjoying surfing through it! :thup:

LittleAnne
Mon, Mar-25-02, 16:11
Hi Rachel

Glad you registered. Enjoy the surfing! I was interested to hear what you said about learning about low carb through your dad.

We are always here for you, if you have any questions. No doubt your little one keeps you busy. That must be good exercise!

All the best.

wbahn
Mon, Mar-25-02, 18:36
Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

Most people that form their own plans right from the start don't have much success. But you have the advantage of your father's experience so things will hopefully go better.

I would still recommend getting Protein Power Life Plan or Atkins' book as they give a good presentation of the physiological underpinnings of this way of life and that can only help you tweak what you come up with in order to take into account some of the subtle details.

If you do find that you start having problems continuing your loss, I would recommend switching over to one of the established plans and seeing if that helps as it may well be some subtle and perhaps undocumented details that make the difference.

Are you just looking to do LC until you lose the weight from your pregnancy and then go back to your normal way of eating? If you had no problem keeping the weight off before then that might not be too bad of an idea. But if you find yourself beginning to yo-yo diet, you'll want to look at adopting LC as a permanent WOL (if that isn't already your intent).

Keep the Faith!