PDA

View Full Version : Ways to know you are losing weight

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kaarren
Thu, Oct-23-08, 18:52
Went to the DR yesterday for annual physical. Did real well. BP down & no problem. He is happy that I'm exercising & losing weight. Good for the diabetes. I can tell he doesn't really know much about lc or approve?
My scale is 10#s light at home:stars: So I was bummed that my weight loss wasn't as many pounds as I thought. But oh well, I have other ways to notice my fat loss.

Face is thinner

Lost 2 sizes in clothes

My stomach is smaller

My thighs are a lot smaller

I have put away size 20s & 18s are too big. 16s look good.

People have noticed and commented looks like weight is falling off

Hubby loves it!

DD is becoming inspired to lose weight

I'm less tired

:p :D :thup:

What ways other than the scale do you know you are losing weight?

NixCarbos
Thu, Oct-23-08, 20:53
Can make it up the stairs without dieing from lack of oxygen

Can get dressed in the morning without feeling like a stuffed sausage

Lisa

girlbug2
Thu, Oct-23-08, 22:35
I really knew I was losing weight when my dh commented. He takes a while to notice things like that, so it felt really good when he finally did.

Also I realized last week after reading on another thread, my libido is unusually high on LC;). I must be doing something right.

Patty47200
Fri, Oct-24-08, 13:35
I am on a business trip so that is why these things come to mind.

The hotel towels fit around me

I wasn't as uncomfortable on the plane

I was able to go into the hotel gift shop and buy a sweatshirt that fit when I was cold!

Fri, Oct-24-08, 13:47
Can get dressed in the morning without feeling like a stuffed sausage

Lisa

Hey! I almost forgot about that; I just remembered how difficult it was for me to get out of bed in the morning much less getting myself dressed too.

Seems like it was a 5 minute process to just get myself pulled to the side of the bed and then up and out of the bed. :o

Now I can just pop myself right up out of the bed without moaning and groaning and taking forever to do so. :thup: I still take awhile getting dressed though. :D

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/AussieTPP/Animated%20Stuff/3cf61eba-1.gif

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

y0u
Sat, Oct-25-08, 17:53
I can see my toes before my boobs when I look down!!! Woo Hoo!

daisywench
Fri, Jan-23-09, 09:56
I'm bored and going through old threads..so late the party on this one. But here's mine..

I don't avoid mirrors anymore. In fact, I go to the department stores at lunch and try on clothes just to see what fits and what doesn't, without buying anything (yet)

The libido is definitely up, and without all that fat in the way, I can get into more..um...positions, shall we say? And afterwards, I don't rush to get dressed, worried about the boyfriend feeling all the fat rolls. I'm confident sleeping naked (well, a bit more confident anyway)

My lower back doesn't hurt anymore.

My arms aren't tired after blow drying my hair.

When I lie down at night, my boyfriend's arms wrap around me, it's such a wonderful feeling. And when we spoon, I can snuggle right up even with him.

I have tons of energy, no need for lunchtime naps anymore.

I can sit on the couch with my legs tucked underneath me, or sit cross legged and my legs touch the couch.

My calves no longer touch each other when I stand up straight.

KrisR
Fri, Jan-23-09, 15:04
Without a second thought, I pulled up one of those flimsy metal chairs at an outside cafe the other day and sat down.

Until I was actually IN the chair, and crossing my legs (another plus!) it didn't even dawn on me that 18 months ago, the chair would not have 'held' me - or at least I would have been nervous the entire time I sat in it that I would break it.

I can't express to you how good that moment felt.

jschwab
Fri, Jan-23-09, 15:19
It's so crazy how it works, I have gained a bit of weight since I've started training, but I had to put my belt on the last notch today so something is falling off.

Melesana
Fri, Jan-23-09, 16:29
Your weight loss isn't any less because your doctor's scale is different from yours. I had something similar happen - my new scale shows me eight pounds heavier than my old scale. To make the loss the same, I added those eight pounds to my start weight. THAT sure gave me pause, but it kept my loss the same.

Libido... I was just reading in another thread here that maybe that's because of the release of the estrogen that was stored in our fat cells. Whatever it is, it's A Good Thing.

Meg

buckeyemom
Sat, Jan-24-09, 11:17
the one thing I was super-excited about was being able to cross my legs. I haven't been able to do that in forever!

folkshot
Mon, Jan-26-09, 16:34
You know, I've found that my libido is actually *lower* on LC. Anyone else have that issue?

svince6
Mon, Jan-26-09, 18:44
My bras are not poking and "scratching" me anymore bc I have gotten rid of some of my back fat and the fat between my arm and my breasts.

CallieM
Thu, Jan-29-09, 15:27
The hotel towels fit around me

Same! I always have to find a certain towel, or two, in my house cause the other ones wouldnt fit. =[ but NOW after 30 lbs, almost all the towels will pretty much cover me. :]]]

But also,
I notice that i can see my collar bone more and more in pictures
My face looks thinner
And my friend thinks i "grew" because she says i look more porportional! haha, its just i lost some midsection weight.

:]

-Callie
Thin is "in".

lyndahh75
Fri, Jan-30-09, 11:17

This will never be the case for me....they will always stick out more...even at my thinnest they did......

daisywench
Fri, Jan-30-09, 12:21
My watch is huge on me! I can fit 4 fingers under the band now. Need to get some links taken out.

Albuburbia
Fri, Jan-30-09, 16:11
I can reach parts of myself more easily in the shower;

I can sit with one leg under me;

I have an easier time trimming my toenails; and

crossing my legs is a little more easy, but will get even easier.

MrBuffalo
Wed, Feb-04-09, 20:53
For me in my best days of this, it was loose pants and a thinner face. Right now I have slipped away from that time again. You guys are inspiring me to get back with the game. Thanks

buckeyemom
Thu, Feb-05-09, 07:00
I thought of a few more:

I haven't taken my heartburn medicine in I don't know how long. Months.

My wedding ring is spinning around on my finger, and soon I will have to take it off so it doesn't fall off.

My hubby says I do not snore anymore.

Can you believe even my shoes are fitting looser.

I have four garbage bags of clothes in my room that don't fit anymore and are on their way to goodwill.

joesfolks
Fri, Feb-06-09, 23:32
My wedding ring slipped off my finger and into the trash when I was cleaning the fridge. I am always stepping out of my shoes these days.

kasstout
Sat, Feb-07-09, 07:48
i dont feel as much jiggle when i walk
my face has completely changed shape
i can see my bone definition
my boobs shrank!
i dont have to constantly adjust my clothes everytime i move.

Romulas
Mon, May-11-09, 13:10
[QUOTE=lyndahh75]This will never be the case for me....they will always stick out more...even at my thinnest they did......[/QUOTE
Is that a bad thing?

Jazzycass
Mon, May-11-09, 22:58
Wow you all seem to be doing so well,keep up the good work for us new people into low carb are following your tracks, be blessed

PurtySmile
Wed, May-20-09, 12:33
Omg...I laughed SO hard at this, though it's SOOO true!!!! LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Sheila*
Mon, May-25-09, 18:12
I fit in my bikini again! Woohoo!!! (So, obviously, I am so ready to go swimming!!)

I have tons of energy to get through not only what i HAVE to for the day, but other things too.

My kids (9, 7, and 7) can reach their arms all the way around me and sqeeze!!

Also, I feel very sexy again. :lol:

tiffie26
Fri, Aug-21-09, 19:19
well for me...
my ring finger went from a 9 to a 6
my feet a 8 to a 6
i no longer need glasses to see far (nearsighted)
and
i get blow dry my hair without pain (i did get lipo on my arms after loosing the first 100)

also i wouldn't go into crowded places...now i do :-D

Melesana
Fri, Aug-21-09, 22:50
My GUMS are shrinking! My mouth is all different inside.

My feet are shrinking.

My boobs are growing. Gotta be all that wandering estrogen.

I can say more words per breath.

Meg

lynys1980
Sun, Aug-23-09, 08:46
My engagement ring (and my wedding ring) have to be brought in to be sized.

I tried on my wedding dress the other day, and found that it was now too big, when a month ago, I could not get it done up all the way. It too will have to be sized before my wedding day.

My softball "uniform" is much looser than it used to be. My chest has shrunk slightly, which is a very good thing for me.

Overall, I am just feeling better about myself. :)

Dr_Atomic
Fri, Feb-26-10, 06:59
It's not as hard for me to keep my big stomach sucked in. :)

It's getting harder for me to "lose" my forefinger in the folds of flab on my back when I lean back (I was disgustingly surprised when I could do this).

DebiLMT
Sat, Feb-27-10, 09:19
My rings are definitely looser and I think it is time to buy some new clothes because mine are starting to look pretty sloppy and baggy...YAY DH is due for some smaller clothes also!

sccriley
Fri, Jun-18-10, 14:22
My clothes are fitting better - the shirts I wear for work don't feel as tight around my midsection.

I actually JOGGED today when I was on a field trip with the kids - I haven't felt comfortable doing that in forever (or able to do it, either).

My ring has started sliding around on my finger.

My shoes feel bigger.

Everytime I find a new proof that I am losing weight and getting healthier, I get so excited!

hanfordian
Sat, Aug-28-10, 00:09
my ring is looser

my back roll is smaller

when i let my stomach out i just look fat not pregnant :) and when i suck it in i can really start to see the person i want to be

AC26
Tue, Sep-07-10, 07:15
1) My size 18 (UK) dress is so loose on me now and my bra is looser. Another tight fitting dress I had looks so loose on me now - its amazing.

2) I too have noticed a surge in my libido

3) I can walk up the hill towards my home much more easily now without feeling out of breath.

4) More energy

5) Excited when I see myself in a mirror instead of utterly depressed!

6) An increased motivation to do fun exercise: ie: dancing! :agree:

And finally someone mentioned they are much more comfortable in a plane seat now. Going to be on a plane in January next year and so looking fwd to the joy of feeling small in a plane seat because I hope to have lost a lot of weight by then. Its so worth it to feel good in a plane seat because it can harm your confidence and holiday mood big time! So to be free of that bad plane seat feeling is excellent ! ! !

KayKay419
Mon, Oct-18-10, 19:42
Well, I don't own a scale, so I have to use these things to know :)

I can see creases on my face, when I smile(when putting on make up, I don't sit in front of the mirror smiling at myself :lol: ) that I haven't seen, in a while. I'm finding a bit of trouble grabbing my top two rolls, even sitting!

I know this may sound weird, but sometimes I try and pick up my belly :rolleyes: but now I don't have to use my whole arms, I only have to use my hands now.

I haven't really noticed a clothes change, but I don't really own small clothing items, except one pair, which I know I can't fit into yet. I always bought clothing bigger than my size so I could hide my fat.

Coconutz
Mon, Oct-18-10, 21:29
KayKay, no worries - I pick my belly up all the time! After 3 kiddos who were not terribly kind to my skin, I will always have a nice flap of whathaveyou unless I can afford surgery some day.

I noticed how loose my fat feels these days...it used to be rigid and hard...now its more moveable. And dare I say, soft lol.

I also feel like I am swimming in my current pants/undies. I've always been on the fit side...I can jog/sprint for a mile before I feel like I will die (hehe), but lately, I realize, the only reason I stop is because the bewbies want to run away due to increasingly enlarging bra size (or shrinking bewbie sydrome: SBS) lol.

I just can't wait to feel NORMAL again...I feel so out of place and awkward (have for a long time now).

kaarren
Tue, Oct-26-10, 18:01
Coconutz:

A for sure, real sign of losing weight is having to buy smaller underwear! :lol: :lol:
:wave: Keep up the good work.