PDA

View Full Version : Introduction - starting in the morning......

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jenai
Sun, Oct-19-08, 11:07
Hi, My name is Jenai. I'm getting ready to start Atkins tomorrow. I was on Atkins for roughly a year and a half and lost 122 lbs back in 2003/2005. I got severely side tracked and fell on my face after extreem oral surgery in 05 because I couldn't chew foods and was in pain for several months. I got extremely depressed and my personality and relationships and job performance/attitude all suffered. I managed to gain about 35 pounds over the following year and a half (2006/2007) and then I lost my job and started working from home (for less money) for the past year.... and have gained another 50 pounds eating cheap carbs and not being active, and now am at 248.5.

I am shocked by how much weight I have gained and how weak I am compared to the person I was in '03. I tried and failed to start back on Atkins earlier this year. I had such good steady results the first time and this last time I just couldn't loose weight after the first two weeks. I had to be doing something different and wrong but I couldn't figure it out. I'd lost my original DADR book and was referencing the new DANDR. My "forum suport" had died out as it was smaller than this one and was down to roughly 5% of active membership that it had been when I was there in previous years and had become more of a social network of close friends than a Atkins based forum. I didn't have the community support I'd had previously and felt out of place. So that's what leads me here.......

Today, I have pulled out all the illegal foods onto the counter. Trash day is in the morning. Last week I bought a freezer and filled it with good quality steaks, roast, chicken and pork (330 lbs!) and this afternoon I will get some fresh salad greens and some heavy cream and plan on starting atkins again in the morning. I will weigh myself Monday morning and weekly. I've been skimming the book but have not properly read it. I don't read smaller print well or quickly so would be most interested in a tape version of the book if it exists? I dont feel I can give up coffee so some here might not think I am doing a clean induction but would appreciate advice on limitations of coffee, heavy cream, splenda, by those following DADR. Any links or texts from the original book would also be appreciated.

This post has gotten to long so I will close for now, thank you for any advice in advance.
Best regards,
Jenai

Annie1gi
Sun, Oct-19-08, 11:23
Welcome Jenai! :wave:

Sounds like you have had a heck of a time. Look around the forum, visit others journals and start one yourself. You can post your foods, and ppl can visit you there as well.

Good luck to you, you can do it again!!!!

Holler if you need help k?

Annie

Jenai
Sun, Oct-19-08, 11:33
Thank you for the warm welcome Annie. I will start a journal. Looking forward to getting to know you ......
J~

Annie1gi
Sun, Oct-19-08, 11:47
Thank you for the warm welcome Annie. I will start a journal. Looking forward to getting to know you ......
J~

Back at you.......girl! You can do this! I have no will power, or so I thought.....but this forum is the bomb, there are sooooo many wonderful ppl here!

Kisal
Sun, Oct-19-08, 13:46
Welcome, Jenai! It's nice to have you here! :wave:

Bru88
Sun, Oct-19-08, 15:39
Hi Jenai, wishing you great success on your weight loss journey. Welcome to the forums..Bru :wave:
I love the "steaks, roast, chicken and pork (330 lbs!)", I stopped at Cosco the other day. The kid packing the boxes asked me if I ate any veggie's with all my meat. I laughed and said sometimes!

BrianTX
Sun, Oct-19-08, 21:33
Jenai - welcome back to Atkins! No advice from me since I'm only one week into it myself. But you did it before and did great - just remember how you felt then - it'll be worth it! Good luck!

Annie1gi
Mon, Oct-20-08, 03:39
I wanted to come by and wish you good luck this morning...the first two weeks are the hardest, you can do it though!

Don't forget to start a journal......
Annie

perfectfit
Mon, Oct-20-08, 04:45
Good luck on your new start.

Your post could have been written by me. I did not lose as much as you did but I did regain all the weight I had lost with extra pounds gained on top of it. My relationship did suffer as well.

Anyway I just wanted to say good luck on restarting today and I hope you find success.

Jenai
Mon, Oct-20-08, 07:26
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the kind words this morning. Today is the day. I weighed in at 249.5. I'm off to start my journal.........

wbethin
Mon, Oct-20-08, 08:15
:wave: Welcome, if u did it before u can do it again. I know u will reach ur goal. But, just in case check out Cleochatra's Blog(s) she has AMAZING LC recipes, tips, etc. You can also google her, or visit her profile pg. for a link. Just tried her 'potato' Chowder and 'breadsticks' today WONDERFUL!!!! And 100% induction friendly........ guilt free :yum: For the times u think about caving, she has got ur back! Enjoy!!!!

CValentine
Mon, Oct-20-08, 11:00
Welcome Jenai!!!
Great people & great support here!
Looking forward to seeing you to goal!! ~Cheryl