PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jbjohnson2
Fri, Oct-10-08, 17:08
Hello to all, I'm new and love low carbs and sugar free. I like that carbs are listed with receipes. I was searchig for low carb crab stuffed mushrooms and here I am.

tracyc1
Fri, Oct-10-08, 17:36
Well hello crab stuffed mushrooms. :) Yummy! Enjoy, so many recipes here.

Kisal
Fri, Oct-10-08, 17:42
Welcome! Glad you found us! :wave:

jbjohnson2
Fri, Oct-10-08, 20:31
Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to your receipes and your goals and accomplishments. I quiit smoking last Feb, I think, cold turkey, after many times, many programs, and I feel a lot better. Life is not fair all the time, but I did it. hey I put on a few pounds also the Thyroid went south but weight is in the high end of normal for age & hieght. I went from a 6 pack to a kegger but I'm happy. Life is good

tracyc1
Fri, Oct-10-08, 20:39
Isn't 170 average for 5'9"? Anyways it's always more fun with a kegger :)

tracyc1
Fri, Oct-10-08, 20:42
Congrats on the smoking! I have tried twice and it hasn't taken yet but they say it takes an average of 7 times soooo plenty of time LOL.

jbjohnson2
Sun, Oct-12-08, 19:26
TracyC1-

Yes 170 is normal but I used to be 140 before I quite smoking, it so happens at the same time my thyiode(sp) went south. I went from a 30" waist to a 34" waist in 4 months. I gained alot quick untill I found out I needed meds. so I am still 170 but feel good. I hope your doing good and stayiny on track. Life is good

Patty47200
Sun, Oct-12-08, 19:47
Welcome! Good luck on your low carb journey.

jbjohnson2
Sun, Oct-12-08, 19:50
Tracy -

I finaly Quite 1.5 years ago. I smoked sice I was 15. well I'm an AARP member. I tried every thing, all the magiacal(sp) cures, I found eventuly(SP) that make your mind up and Quite. It's hell but you have to get rid of the nicotine. My experice after 15 yrs of trying this works the best. No more gum or anything else. It is the toughest thing you will do in your life time. U-go-Girl

zodea
Sun, Oct-12-08, 19:50
The recipes and having someone to talk to are the two best parts of this place. I'm sure you will love it!

zo

jbjohnson2
Sun, Oct-12-08, 19:57
Welcome! Good luck on your low carb journey.
Thank you for your support!

jbjohnson2
Wed, Oct-29-08, 19:10
Hello
I need some help!! my work is having a Thanksgiving lunch. Does anyone have a receipe to bring to pass around thats low carb, since a few co-workers are trying to cut back. There could be 12-15 friends to feed or graze or desert Any dish is welcome.

PghLady74
Wed, Oct-29-08, 19:43
I don't have anything specific right now but here is a great site with loads of low carb recipes. Congrats on quitting smoking!!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html