PDA

View Full Version : Ok, what's this about?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nancy LC
Tue, Oct-07-08, 12:01
My period is coming every 3 weeks. Goes all out for a day then trails off to nothing after that. Is this just normal for someone teetering on the verge of Menopause?

I think I wish it'd just get busy and stop!

50 years old, btw!

feelskinny
Tue, Oct-07-08, 13:57
I'm 43 and said good-bye to 'regular-land' over a year ago.
The first couple times I was late I ran out to buy pregnancy tests, I was so freaked out. :lol:

Sometimes I miss completely the next time I'll get two back to back. :o

Nancy LC
Fri, Oct-10-08, 13:55
This is crazy whacky! Turns out I had a week long preview of my period, not an actual period. Now the period is starting. It always announces itself with lovely cramps. *bleh* I just want this nonsense over. :p

MizKitty
Fri, Oct-10-08, 14:03
Me too! I had the exact same experience you're describing last year. But now I haven't had a visit since 4th of July. Had a few hot flashes during the middle of the night a few weeks ago.... maybe I'm done, that's it? http://www.scentagious.com/forum/images/smiles/nerv.gifhttp://www.scentagious.com/forum/images/smiles/nerv.gifhttp://www.scentagious.com/forum/images/smiles/nerv.gif (oh, if only....!)

zodea
Fri, Oct-10-08, 17:29
I've noticed mine is coming about every 25 days instead of 28 - 30. Have no idea why or if normal. Not happy to have it more frequently.... YUCK.

JLx
Sat, Oct-11-08, 09:02
I had all kinds of fluctuations in the perimenopause days, including skipped periods, frequent periods, light or one time just hideously gushing. Then after I went without a period for over a year, I suddenly had one again, then it was over 2 years and I had one again. I'm not sure how long it's been now, but I seem to be firmly in menopause. Oh, and incidentally, the last time I ovulated was the last time I slept 8 hours in a night. It was great. I miss sleeping like that.

Nancy LC
Sat, Oct-11-08, 09:38
Thanks for the stories, it makes me feel not so freakish! :)

lcgrrl2006
Sat, Oct-11-08, 10:13
Mine seem to be a bit closer (they started getting longer in duration a couple of years ago) together but I'm still regular. I'm 51 and wondering also.
My mom died before she entered meno, but my grandma was around 50.
I have a friend who didn't go through it until age 58 like her mom.
Wonder if we take after our mothers in that respect?

JLx
Sat, Oct-11-08, 10:39
I've heard that we do take after our mothers. I've found that I had a lot in common with my older sister too in our experiences, despite us usually having little to nothing in common related to our bodies.

Patty47200
Sat, Oct-11-08, 10:48
Yes, the same thing is happening to me. I have a period every 3 weeks and it is lasting 8 days! so basically I am either on my period or pms-ing all month long!

Nancy LC
Sat, Oct-11-08, 11:03
Oh no, Patty!

Well, my Grandma started menopause at 55 (Yoikes!), my Mom at 50, my sister at 52 I think. My doctor said 52.5 is the average.