PDA

View Full Version : 5 weeks in and doing great

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jenna3
Sat, Mar-23-02, 21:48
Well, I've been back at it for five weeks and have lost 20pounds. For the last week I have been at a stall and have started working on excersizing more and controlling portion size. I have another 78 pounds to loose. My calorie intake for today was

Total: 1643 Calories
Fat: 140 1262 77%
Sat: 54 482 30%
Poly: 21 190 12%
Mono: 38 339 21%
Carbs: 24 65 4%
Fiber: 8 0 0%
Protein: 60 239 15%
Alcohol: 10 68

I wonder is this to many calories or not enough...How about the fat is that to much...I'm at least happy with the carb intake.

This diet makes me feel for the first time that I have control. :wave:

wbahn
Sat, Mar-23-02, 23:59
Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

The numbers look pretty good. Your calories are in the ballpark - definitely not too high. You might try increasing them a couple hundred.

What's with the "alcohol" entry? :nono:

You're doing great. Don't let a week long plateau get to you - not even a two weeker. Are you taking your measurements? Do!

Be sure to start and maintain a journal here - it's a great resource.

Keep the Faith!

razzle
Sun, Mar-24-02, 12:41
the numbers look pretty good--but, as wbahn said, you could up the calories (try to get more mono fat--like olive oil or nut oils). In other words, because the calories are fine, don't fret too much about portion control in general.

Exercise, though--that's a great idea, and a wonderful part of a long-term healthy lifestyle. :) Good for you. And it's so nice to see someone get the eating in order first, then the exercise--too many people try to do everything at once, which can be overly challenging.

I applaud your success! welcome to our LC family.