PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

deblmn
Fri, Mar-22-02, 11:28
I have just finished reading the Atkins book and it sounds so good... can it really work I ask myself where all else has failed?

Well I am going to give it a try. I am very overweight and need to lose at least 10 stone which seems to me to be impossible.

I am based in Northampton in England and this is the first site for Atkins that I have managed to find which is not based entirely on American food etc that is not available here.

I welcome all comments and suggestions that anyone feels will help me in my quest to lose weight.

razzle
Fri, Mar-22-02, 12:36
welcome! Yes, LCing works for people who are metabolically overweight or obese. (people who are just 10 pounds overweight from overeating may not find it very useful, though it's best for everyone to quit eating sugar.) It's a great way of eating, very healthy, very satisfying.

Most of us here--certainly the adminstrators and moderators--aren't proponents of eating "fake food" anyway (the LC junk that's available in the US and Canada, but less so in other nations). The things to eat are available all over this lovely planet: fresh veggies, plain meat and eggs; after induction, the occasional berry , nuts and nuts oils, seeds and seed oils, and cheese and heavy (whipping) cream if you can tolerate dairy. (and if you're a paleo fanatic, add insects to that list, but for me...can't get past my aversion to 'em!)

glad you found us! keep reading and let the group know what we can do for you to help you along your way.

Jo-Ann 2
Fri, Mar-22-02, 21:15
Welcome, you'll like it here, so much to read. On the first page there is a heading called Local Support under this there are different regions, you might find some local product information there. The first weeks remember to drink your water, take you vitamins and eat enough calories. You may get a headache, feel a little tired or be cranky for a couple of days, this is just your body switching to burning fat for fuel from the quick fix of carbohydrates, but once it does you will feel great, no afternoon tired times, no heartburn and lots more energy. Glad you found this site, there are alot of great people here.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann :wave:

Melberry
Sat, Mar-23-02, 06:17
Welcome! You ask if this way of eating can really work where so many diets before have failed? Yes it can - and believe me I have tried all the other diets! The thing that makes this stand out from the others is that this is a Way Of Life. There are lots of wonderful people here who have made this their WOL and have NO intention of ever going back to a "normal" diet.

Good luck.

Melberry
:)