PDA

View Full Version : Hi all new here and new to diets

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ian_smith
Tue, Aug-12-08, 02:44
Hi everyone

My names ian, i'm a 34 year old dad of 4 and garage owner from nottingham england.

Ive always been over weight which was exagerated by the asthma steroids i was given as a child, and during my adult life my diet and exercise has been awful with a multitude of excuse of working to long hours to find the time to exercise and eating the wrong types of food at the wrong times of the day.

I finally decided to start a diet after walking around my town centre from shop to shop to find a jacket that would fit and had to settle with a horrible jacket that my grandad would be proud of due to it being the only thing that would fit me.

I started a low carb diet on the 28th of june 2008, since then ive gone from 19st 7lb to 17 st 7lbs in 6 weeks, with a combination of dieting and exersice.

The diet i am finding fairly easy except for the dry foods (lack of sauce/ condiments) and the exersice is getting easier. The last time i exercised before this diet was during high school 20 years ago :nono:

anyway thanks for reading and i am looking forwards to this new lifestyle and hopefully recieving and giving support as a member of this excellent forum/ group.

Kd did
Tue, Aug-12-08, 04:21
Ian-

Congratulations! I also dislike dry foods, but don't seem to have that problem with the low carb diet. I am not sure what low carb plan you are following, but I have found lots of condiments and sauces low in carbohydrates. I use many of the following:

Mayonnaise
Mustard
Most full fat salad dressings
Sour Cream
Guacamole
Small amounts of Salsa
Alfredo Sauce
Sugar Free Marinara Sauce
Pesto Sauce

I'm sure there are many others that I am not thinking of at the moment. I am not sure what is available to you locally, but these have made this way of life easier for me.

Good luck!

Kisal
Tue, Aug-12-08, 10:10
Welcome! Glad to have you here! :)

I have to agree with the previous poster; I have found many condiments to avoid my food being dry. For one thing, I choose fatty cuts of meat. Just the fat content prevents them from drying out during cooking. You can also top foods with melted butter or melted cheese. There is nothing "dry" about the foods I eat! :yum: :yum: :yum: