PDA

View Full Version : hi - i am new to this

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

brownidgrl
Wed, Aug-06-08, 16:50
I sent a thread earlier I thought but don't see it. Am I doing something wrong? :)

bunsen
Wed, Aug-06-08, 17:25
hello there!

i am new also to low-carbing. i'm still pretty clueless about a lot of stuff, can anyone post a really good FAQ or something of the sort? I'm starting from zero.

i started doing a low carb diet 2 days ago, so far so good. I've been mostly eating meat and eggs. and in addition drinking 8 glasses or more of water a day. my bathroom breaks have been frequent, and this will pose as a problem because i go out a lot.

when will my body get used to this?

oblong
Wed, Aug-06-08, 18:13
Hello and welcome to the forums, both of you :wave:

brownidgrl - is this the thread (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=379751) you are looking for?? It's just a few below this one. To find threads that you have posted in and/or subscribed to, check your 'User CP'. This is located on the left hand side towards the top of the page, below the I've got friends in low carb places image and directly above the Post Reply button.

Bunsen - immediately to the right of the User CP, is the FAQs which has information mainly about using this website. If it's FAQs about low carbing, then I suggest you browse all the different sub forums... there are many threads that answer many different questions which have been asked by many different people on many occasions! Have you checked out the Atkins forum yet?

As for when your body will get used to this way of eating (WOE), it's different for everybody, but it took me about a week or so to get used to not eating grains or sugar. I hear that it is quite common to get Induction Flu after a few days of doing Atkins as the body adjusts to the new WOE, but the symptoms are generally short lived. Don't be disheartened if this happens to you, just push through it and you will feel the benefits just a few days later.

Good luck to you both, and welcome on your journey to health and happiness :)

bunsen
Wed, Aug-06-08, 18:20
oh , right! Thank you very much for the info and the welcome! =D

i guess for me, so far so good. although i feel like vomitting and i'm having 'bouts of nausea. i'm following a strict meat and eggs only diet. which i plan to do for 2 weeks, and then from there i'll adjust to a low-carb diet.

i feel a lot lighter already, but then i feel like vomitting also.

oblong
Wed, Aug-06-08, 18:43
I think if you've been used to one way of eating for a long time and then change to something completely different quite suddenly, it might make you feel a bit nauseous. I'm not completely sure though, as I kind of eased into low carbing myself so I managed to avoid too much discomfort.

Have you got a copy of the Atkins book, and if so have you read it? Most questions you have that aren't already answered in the book will probably have been asked by someone here before. A quick search through the Atkins forums should be able to answer most questions. If you can't find anything to answer your question, then start a new thread and there will be many Atkinsers who will gladly offer you help.

Unfortunately, I haven't read any of the Atkins books myself, so can't offer you any solid advice!!

I hope your nausea goes away soon.

beripari
Sun, Aug-10-08, 11:35
Hello and welcome to the forums, both of you :wave:

brownidgrl - is this the thread (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=379751) you are looking for?? It's just a few below this one. To find threads that you have posted in and/or subscribed to, check your 'User CP'. This is located on the left hand side towards the top of the page, below the I've got friends in low carb places image and directly above the Post Reply button.

Bunsen - immediately to the right of the User CP, is the FAQs which has information mainly about using this website. If it's FAQs about low carbing, then I suggest you browse all the different sub forums... there are many threads that answer many different questions which have been asked by many different people on many occasions! Have you checked out the Atkins forum yet?

As for when your body will get used to this way of eating (WOE), it's different for everybody, but it took me about a week or so to get used to not eating grains or sugar. I hear that it is quite common to get Induction Flu after a few days of doing Atkins as the body adjusts to the new WOE, but the symptoms are generally short lived. Don't be disheartened if this happens to you, just push through it and you will feel the benefits just a few days later.

Good luck to you both, and welcome on your journey to health and happiness :)
Thanks for this information! I'm a new member as of today and, while not new to forums, am having a heck of a time navigating the site -- there is SO much information!!

brownidgrl
Sun, Aug-10-08, 11:49
Thanks for the welcomes. Everyone seems so nice hear and yes that was the thread I was looking for. I found it today! LOL Good luck to everyone as well! :)

mainecyn
Sun, Aug-10-08, 12:28
Welcome! It is common to have stomach upset during the first two weeks as you adjust. You mention that you are eating a diet of mainly eggs and meat. I hope that you are also eating your daily rec. amount of salad and veggies from the induction menu-its important, you need the vits and minerals that they provide.