PDA

View Full Version : Hey y'all!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JsCrdr
Fri, Aug-01-08, 15:10
Just wanted to sat hello!

Looking for some friends, info, and support! :help:

Any advice for a young woman with a husband who is naturally skinny and loves potatoes and bread........otherwise I think it would be easier....

Well, anyways, here's to the future me! :wave:

Kisal
Fri, Aug-01-08, 17:06
Welcome! You will find a lot of support and encouragement here! I suggest you start a journal. It's a great way to make new friends! :wave:

almondplee
Sat, Aug-02-08, 14:51
welcome! i am new also, but not new to low carbing. we also love bread and potatoes! what i would suggest you do, prepare foods you usually do, if possible, still eating meats, veggies, etc but instead of you consuming the bread and potato, stick to the meat and veggies.....you maybe could even take the bread and find a nice low carb substitute, and for your husband's health, switch to maybe sweet potato or brown rice etc. make things as simple as you can....i have also found it is easier to simply plan meals as a meat and veggie, and then go from there. lunches you may try to use low carb tortillas instead of bread....making "wraps" or "rollups" as we call them. try to eat as much lean meat/fish and low carb veggies as you need to. i have said all along, the simpler the better! hope this helps you. i find when i make dishes like spaghetti and such and it is all mixed up, it's harder to figure out what i ate! chili is easy to do without the beans.....soup is fairly easy with only low carb veggies etc. good luck!

deniselisa
Sat, Aug-02-08, 15:29
I have learned to make either bread, pasta, or potatoes, but not more than one at a time, cause that is just cruel to me! He eats out for lunch (BTW, he is not naturally skinny, he is just not on the bandwagon right now), so I don't have to know what he eats. He also eats candy, but it is usually something I really don't care for (cotton candy, circus peanuts, smarties, yu know, pure sugar- gross!), so he eats what I make with an extra carb side dish. I now notice the only time it really bothers me is when I am burnt on meat yes, it does happen), or close to TOM, which everything about him (and all the people close to me) bothers me about him at that time. ;)

*Sheila*
Sat, Aug-02-08, 18:51
Hawdy! Glad to see ya! You will find lots of support and encouragement here!

GonnaDoIt!
Sat, Aug-02-08, 19:31
Hi there and welcome :) Since it's illegal to shoot his skinny butt, then I guess you will just have to join this bunch of "supporters" and get a whole lot of do's, don'ts and "thatta girl" applause! :cheer: :cheer: