PDA

View Full Version : i love this forum..Jamie/31/Female

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

trailrun
Fri, Aug-01-08, 09:45
hi, i am jamie - been around the block with diets...blah blah blah...got pretty heavy for me at one time, 280 - low carb works...but...more than the weight loss it changes my attitude. it give me more energy (except with work outs, but i have worked that out, no pun intended) and it makes me just feel better. i think i have a very good understanding of why it works, ways to tweak it when it gets in the way of work outs, etc... but most of all, it is becoming a lifestyle, not a diet, which is the first time that has ever been true for me. say hi if you get a chance, i need lots of support. my SO is gone a lot, he works in the oilfield as a sat diver - gone 28 days and home 28 days, so i need extra support from people who know...i found this by accident. :)
thanks to all - talk to you soon, i hope.

hey - anyone know why my picture doesnt show up when i post???

jamie :wave: :wave: :wave:

Kisal
Fri, Aug-01-08, 12:05
Welcome! Glad you found us! :wave:

almondplee
Tue, Aug-05-08, 15:15
hey there! i am fairly new here also. i see you are from FL. i am from GA! so, we are neghbors....you are close to my sister's age. i hope i can help you in some way. i am very proud of you realizing that this is gonna be a new way of eating for life! you are young, and hopefully you wont make the same mistake i did! i declared to my brother and his wife one day "i know how to eat, so i'll never be fat again"....guess what....i got fat again!!!! yikes!!! so be vigilant!!! dont give in to convenience foods etc....i have a close friend who is losing weight with me, and is good support. i just wish my sister would join us. sounds like you are doing so wonderful....excercising and all!!! welcome!!

trailrun
Tue, Aug-05-08, 15:27
hey there! i am fairly new here also. i see you are from FL. i am from GA! so, we are neghbors....you are close to my sister's age. i hope i can help you in some way. i am very proud of you realizing that this is gonna be a new way of eating for life! you are young, and hopefully you wont make the same mistake i did! i declared to my brother and his wife one day "i know how to eat, so i'll never be fat again"....guess what....i got fat again!!!! yikes!!! so be vigilant!!! dont give in to convenience foods etc....i have a close friend who is losing weight with me, and is good support. i just wish my sister would join us. sounds like you are doing so wonderful....excercising and all!!! welcome!!

Thanks so much for your encouraging email. Please stay in touch, I need all the support I can get. This can be hard sometimes. i cant describe to you enough how this way of eating has almost changed my whole personality. I dont have these crazy swings anymore of blood sugar which means i am not moody anymore. I am really never hungry so I know if i am eating outside of planned meal times that either something emotional is going on or i am just eating to eat, and just recognizing that is amazing. i am trying to get a hold of the 5-6 smaller meals way of life. anyway, i am feeling pretty positive and dedicated - but also impatient. the impatience is the part i am working on right now. mostly not weighing myself everyday and continuing to look at this as a lifestyle instead of a temporary fix.

thanks again.

jamie

GonnaDoIt!
Tue, Aug-05-08, 16:00
Welcome jamie -
and don't worry, there are lots of great people here with loads of great ideas and support!

feelskinny
Tue, Aug-05-08, 16:09
Nice to meet you Jamie!
You've come a long way already! Great job.

My SO's a truck driver so I can relate to the importance of finding support. This is a great place.

Have fun!

big_loser
Tue, Aug-05-08, 19:14
welcome to the forum jamie!

you should start a journal - its a way to keep in touch with people/staying on the wagon/getting support from people!

pdxcutie
Fri, Aug-08-08, 23:51
Welcome!!!! You are so pretty.