PDA

View Full Version : getting hungry again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

suzzcq70
Wed, Mar-20-02, 18:50
Does anyone else get hungry within 3-4 hours? Is this OK?

I usually eat egg/cheese omelettes at breakfast - sometimes with celery stalks or cucumber at about 9:30am. The BAM - at 1pm I am hungry again. I finish lunch around 1:30pm and . . . hungry at 5pm. It was like this on high carb/lowfat diet too.

I keep a journal of my food on this site . . .do you think I eat enough cals, or am I eating the wrong stuff and getting cravings. Its not bad, mind you . . . I used to CRAVE before, now on LC I am just hungry at "mealtimes". . . and if I snack around 5pm, I can wait for dinner until 7 or 7:30.

I would love some opinions . . .the Hellers seem to shy away from commenting on cals (except that you should eat to hunger). I could eat a hell of a lot then!!

Suz

Betsy
Tue, Mar-26-02, 23:48
I find that I go about 4 hours and then I want to eat. And since its so consistent it must be what my body naturally needs. After my third meal which is my RM I don't feel the need to eat again unless I stay up too late. At those times I just allow myself another small all protein meal about 3 oz. worth to get me through and so far it hasn't caused a problem for me.

Gracia_30
Wed, Mar-27-02, 12:43
Question for you.... how much water do you drink during your whole day?

I found that when I don't drink enough water, I get hungrier faster.