PDA

View Full Version : I am a bad, bad csfdavis

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

csfdavis
Wed, Mar-20-02, 12:49
I went out for dinner last night and ate bad stuff like meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and even a bite of cake! Today I have put off breakfast, so I am hungry and carb-cravingry enough that I am considering going out for donuts before I get back on track. Maybe this program really is hopeless for me. Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to weigh myself and measure my body fat on my body fat scale, and if it tells me something good I will feel encouraged enough to get back on the wagon right now. If it says something bad, then, well....I can't be responsible for what might happen.

Natrushka
Wed, Mar-20-02, 12:56
csfdavis, after being 'a bad bad csfdavis' what do you think the scale will say? It sounds like you have made up your mind about those donuts and you are looking for our permission. Only you are responsible for will happen - we are here for support and advice.

Advice: Stay off the scale, get yourself a tall glass of water and plan a good LC meal - then go eat it.

Nat

missbetsy
Thu, Mar-21-02, 09:06
CSF,

But we are all responsible for whether we honor the promises we make to ourselves and whether we break them or not. We are the ones who have to with them, not anyone else. Like Nat said, we can't give you permission to eat dohnuts. We can give you permission to forgive yourself for eating something that is making you feel awful, permission to move on, and permission to make a healthy breakfast and start over not tomorroe, not this afternoon, but right now...because you deserve to have the body you want! Be strong, you can do this.

Betsy

razzle
Thu, Mar-21-02, 09:49
maybe a way to approach your weight problem would be this: get some books on binge/emotional eating and body image, and do the work in those. Forget about the scale for a year--donate it to a Goodwill--as you heal your attitude and behaviors. Alternatively, you could find a therapist who deals with eating disorders and understands binge and emotional eating and do this same work (but self-help is cheaper, if you're a reader and self-directed person). What will happen, if you do that healing work with effort, is that you'll likely lose slowly anyway. And if not, you'll like your body a lot more, which is the real goal of weight loss anyway, isn't it?

At the end of the year, consider if you want to make further changes to your eating habits, cutting out sugars and flour, say, or limiting them to once a month. This whole process will likely seem generous and self-loving, and you won't be rebelling against the restrictiveness of a "diet."

Best of luck to you!