PDA

View Full Version : She aint heavy she's you sister

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kay2182
Fri, Jul-25-08, 19:25
Hi all,

I have been on the Atkins for 3 weeks now, 1st week I lost 4 pounds and then nothing. I followed the diet very religously for two weeks and then we had a party at the weekend. Yes I lost my trail of thought and ate all the wrong things. Now I am stuck even put 2 pounds on. I am exercising now, taking 30 mins runs every other day.

My typical day is:

breakfast 2 egg omlete with slice of chedder cheese
lunch Chicken salad, either with pesto dressing or light dressing
mid afternoon cheese string or two
dinner Chicken/lamb/paneer with large salad

i am drinking lots of water, and constantly feel bloated. What am I doing wrong, please help I really need to lose this stubborn weight

Kisal
Fri, Jul-25-08, 20:25
Welcome! It's nice to have you here! :)

You're doing fine! The average weight loss during Induction will be about 10% of ones excess weight. That would be 3.5 to 4 lbs for you, so you're right on target! :thup:

Many people experience a short plateau immediately following Induction. Your body must rest and readjust its chemistry. The plateau can last anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks. During this time, if you stay on plan, you should continue to lose inches, so concentrate on how your clothing fits, instead of the number on the scale. ;)

One concern I have is that you listed "light dressing" in your menu. You may use any dressing you like, as long as it's the "full-fat" type. Choose those with the fewest carbs.

On low carb, it's very important to eat plenty of fats. Your body will be using fats as its primary energy source, so you must give it plenty, or you will begin to feel tired and unwell. In addition, your body cannot access the Essential Fatty Acids in the body fat that you lose when on lc. They are called "essential" for a good reason: you cannot live without them. You must eat plenty of fats in order to provide these important acids in order to remain healthy.

HTH! :wave:

jschwab
Fri, Jul-25-08, 20:36
Running, if it's a new thing or more intense, can make you retain water as well as the off-plan food. You will have a lot of slipups as you "relearn" how to eat.

Janine