PDA

View Full Version : Favorite COCONUT OIL & why ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

arly
Fri, Jul-25-08, 17:57
I tried it a couple of yrs. ago and found the coconut flavor added unpleasant taste to what I was cooking in it. Don't remember the brand.
Do they all do that ? Imagine it would be hard to disguise the flavor or have you found one that isn't strong tasting.

Would appreciate your input if you have found one you really like and tell me why please. -- Thanks in advance

Kisal
Fri, Jul-25-08, 20:10
I prefer Tropical Traditions coconut oil, but it definitely tastes like coconut. I had another brand of expeller-pressed coconut oil that didn't have any kind of taste. I can't remember what it was, however, and I'm don't have any on hand right now. I got it at a local health food store in my town. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

If you like the taste of coconut, then look for "virgin" coconut oil, and always look for expeller-pressed or "cold processed" on the label. :)