PDA

View Full Version : Reached Goal

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jschwab
Wed, Jul-23-08, 07:58
Hey guys, after alot of griping and fussing, I've finally reached goal - 204 pounds down from 285. It took me about a year and a half. I'll keep going, of course, but this is a huge milestone for me.

Janine

brown-eyes
Wed, Jul-23-08, 07:59
Congratulations Janine!!! Woo Hoo....keep up the good work...it feels so good to see those pounds coming off.
Sandy

CKMom
Wed, Jul-23-08, 08:07
Congratulations! It's so encouraging to see those words "Reached Goal!" I'm working towards the day when I can say them with you!

ruthla
Wed, Jul-23-08, 08:10
Congrats!!!! It's encouraging to hear that it took you a while and still made it- sometimes I feel like I'll never lose the weight since it didnt' come off as fast as other people's. Stories like yours are encouraging!

jschwab
Wed, Jul-23-08, 09:21
Congrats!!!! It's encouraging to hear that it took you a while and still made it- sometimes I feel like I'll never lose the weight since it didnt' come off as fast as other people's. Stories like yours are encouraging!

I gained and stalled for seven months. I don't feel too bad about it because during that time I got in much better physical shape. I don't mind slow...

TamiK
Wed, Jul-23-08, 12:55
Awesome! Congrats!! :thup: :thup: :thup:

erinleigh
Wed, Jul-23-08, 13:08
Congrats! That is awesome!!!

gem52372
Wed, Jul-23-08, 15:33
Great Job!!!!

skeeweeaka
Wed, Jul-23-08, 23:09
Terrific job....keep up the great work! :cheer:

TJ :rheart:

MrBuffalo
Thu, Jul-24-08, 07:39
Love to hear positive news! Great job. More inspiration for me!

*Sheila*
Thu, Jul-24-08, 10:30
Fantastic!

2bflawless
Thu, Jul-24-08, 15:41
:cheer: Good job!

Demi
Fri, Jul-25-08, 05:23
Congratulations! It's such a great feeling when you get there :)

grasshoper
Fri, Jul-25-08, 08:08
Congratulations! Great Job.

livesimply
Sat, Jul-26-08, 11:23
CONGRATULATIONS, Janine! You hung in there, and success must feel great. :clap: :clap: :clap:

MrBuffalo
Tue, Aug-12-08, 00:19
Way to go! It looks like you've kept your word because you appear to be down another 8 pounds since you started this thread! Great inspiration for us!

jschwab
Tue, Aug-12-08, 08:41
Yes, it's been quite aride the last few weeks. I have actually been actively trying to slow my loss, to no avail. I've lost 5 pounds in 10 days.

Janine

vitabella
Tue, Aug-12-08, 16:38
Wow! 5 lbs in 10 days!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Do you mind me asking...what is a typical day for you mealwise? Thanks and continued success to you!!!

Gareliz8
Wed, Aug-13-08, 12:13
Yes, it's been quite aride the last few weeks. I have actually been actively trying to slow my loss, to no avail. I've lost 5 pounds in 10 days.

Janine

jschwab....great job keep doing the great work ur stats say u was 90lbs heavier and is this ur 100 mark then?? amazing,,very inspiring.. i see we share same town...

jschwab
Wed, Aug-13-08, 12:53
jschwab....great job keep doing the great work ur stats say u was 90lbs heavier and is this ur 100 mark then?? amazing,,very inspiring.. i see we share same town...

No, I've got ten pounds to go for that! I started at 285 (some of that was baby stuff and came off easily).

For what I eat in a day:

5-6 strips Bacon and 2 eggs plus black coffee
Fish or chicken, plus green beans and garlic, sometimes collard greens, one or two eggs and fruit for lunch (from the buffet across from work)
Before working out, a handful of cashews, and a Vitamin water once a week before my Tuesday run
For dinner, I am usually not superhungry. Sometimes I eat macadamia nuts and always some meat, always coconut milk either in coffee or mixed with water and iced. If I am hungry, I will eat lots of meat and salad. It really depends on what my husband makes.
I will eat some fruit in season if we have it for dessert.