PDA

View Full Version : I'm New! I'm New!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Denyse
Tue, Jul-22-08, 11:26
:wave: I'm Denyse!

I'm 38 and a few years ago I lost 50 lbs and felt AMAZING .... I looked good too! :tears: It's funny how those few years seem like yesterday and I'm back where I started, 50 lbs heavier and back at my original weight. I could lie and say I don't know how it happened, but I know. :agree: Anyway, last year, I met my dream man and he too thought I was amazing and asked me to marry him. We got married this past March and combined our 3 children for an amazing little family. I now have the life I ALWAYS wanted except for I'm a slob ... I don't fit in any of my cute clothes, I am not proud of the way that I look, I don't feel sexy but I'm still that person inside and the two of us just don't get along! :p SO..... yesterday I started low-carbing again after trying and failing and trying and failing and trying and failing a gazillion times. I HAVE to do it now. I am still that person somwhere inside and I know I can be that person again. I'm here for :help: and look forward to making friends here for support!

steph0203
Tue, Jul-22-08, 11:54
Welcome Denyse. This is a great place for support and info to help you find your true self hidden inside all the weight. You can do it and all of us here are willing to help.

Denyse
Tue, Jul-22-08, 12:21
Thank you Steph! I so appreciate the support....I need it! I crave it! :lol:

marycuth
Tue, Jul-22-08, 12:30
Welcome Denyse!

I, too, have been down your weightloss and regain path! However, this time I feel like it's going to be permanent due to the help of this forum. I have met so many friends here, have gotten the best advice, I work through emotions and celebrate milestones in my journal, I use My Plan to track my food, and I love the recipe forum for ideas that I would have never gotten on my own or with a book.

Best wishes!
Mary

dahill01
Tue, Jul-22-08, 13:11
I have done the bounce back weightloss twice and I know what you are going through. I tell my wife that i am losing weight to visit my clothes I lost. Good luck, and you can do it. =)

1doxiemom
Tue, Jul-22-08, 15:08
dahill01....Hello, and I've been reading your blog...I'm lurking everywhere these days, because I'M ON INDUCTION and trying to keep busy and get re-informed on what's happening here! I would like you to know that I know how disheartening it is to see those scales gaining, remaining the same, etc. after continuing to try sooo very hard! HANG IN THERE! In the meantime, I'd like you to know that when I ate ANY fast food, even without the buns, I went out of ketosis! I believe it's the type of cheese they use...so I QUIT eating fast foods! Plus, their meat has bread fillers in it. Same thing with the low carb candies. I loved them, but even ONE, took me out of ketosis. I am very resistant. Your system might have changed since you low carbed last time, and might have become more resistant and harder for you to add things back in. I would suggest going back to using the ketostix and just see what eating out does to you...only a suggestion - but I want to see you NOT FRUSTRATED after working so hard! Oh, and congratulations on that upcoming birth of a little girl!!

1doxiemom
Tue, Jul-22-08, 15:29
Denyse - WELCOME! I'm a newbie "this time around" again! I started induction week yesterday...I've been exactly where you are right now - depressed and self loathing due to my weight gain...now I'm mad at the world because I have so much work to do to take it off! After all, the "world" made me eat all those carbs....right?! lol !
Anyhow - WELCOME!

Kisal
Tue, Jul-22-08, 16:51
Welcome, Denyse! It's nice to have you with us! :wave:

dahill01
Wed, Jul-23-08, 06:30
I never thought about the fast food issues 1doxiemom. I have been eating them more this time than last. I will try that out. Thanks! I gained those 2 pounds back again this morning! Sorry for the thread hijack Denyse! Glad to hear people actually read the blog. =)

Denyse
Wed, Jul-23-08, 15:44
Don't be sorry for chatting here....I love it! It makes me feel supported and in good company. Hmmmm...I never thought about the bread fillers in fast food .... the first time around I ate McDonalds cheeseburgers ALL THE TIME because I am a creature of convenience. I also used low carb candies a lot. That's interesting. I was using the Ketostix even on my failed attempts and I was actually IN KETOSIS, just not losing.

Now, this morning, I know I shouldn't have, but I did ... weigh myself. It's only DAY THREE. Why would I do that? Whatever I see will mean nothing. Well, I got on and I lost 7 lbs. Even if three of that is a lie, I'm happy SOMETHING is happening. Let's see what happens by Sunday. I got home last nite and my sweet sweet man made me a taco salad....I gobbled it up and then later was looking for something ... anything to shove in my mouth. He gave me some sugar free jello. It was soo good. Then, I discovered something yummy ..... there is a "premium" water company called Metromint. If you are a Mint fan (and I am) you are in for a treat. Actually, I'm a mint FANATIC and I'm always looking for something to freshen my breath on Atkins. Metromint Water in Peppermint is awesome but you HAVE to like mint. They have peppermint, spearmint, cherry mint, lemon mint, lime mint, orange mint and then they just came out with CHOCOLATE MINT! Holy cow. Yum. No calories, no carbs, no sugar, no nothin. It's flavored with the oils of mint and cocoa essence. It goes down like regular water and the after taste is like you just ate a box of frango mints. YUM. If you like mints, TRY IT. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome. Delish.

I have a huge problem with my water consumption. My doctor said that actually keeps me from losing. I take a diuretic so on Atkins I HAVE to drink tons to protect my kidneys but I am a major offender. Yesterday I drank 125 oz. of water. I pee'd like crazy, which I hate but I did it. Today I have drank 48 oz. but I'm about to take another 32 oz. on the road with me. We'll see if this helps, maybe this is my problem.

For breakfast I had my normal coffee drink....I couldn't live without it. For lunch I had a chopped salad with herb vinagerette dressing that has no carbs as designed by the chef. It was delish ... but expensive and it feels like you've cheated! I'm not sure what we're having for dinner but I'm on my way home to find out!!!!