PDA

View Full Version : I've Gotta DO SOMETHING! I'm Back!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

1doxiemom
Sun, Jul-13-08, 22:49
Hello everyone. I've decided to start eating Atkins 1972 version again...honestly, I'm absolutely SCARED TO DEATH right now about my lifestyle and how I'm going to end up if I keep this up! I'm scared that I'm going to end up like my Mom is right now, 80 yrs old and as wide as she is tall, and that's NO JOKE. She lives in her recliner and can barely make it to the bathroom by herself. Nothing medically wrong with her except obesity. All of us kids are overweight. My children are overweight, and believe me, I don't want our grandchildren to be overweight! I am 5'10 and currently weigh 285. I've never been heavier than I am now. It was at this weight that I started Atkins about 8 yrs ago and lost 55 lbs - then backslid and never got back with it. That was actually my 2nd time around. I know how to do it right, but it's soooooo hard to get myself INSPIRED to do it again - well, not to just do THIS, but to do ANYTHING! I did start walking 3 days a week - and I got a wii fitpad a couple months ago, and I've injured my only good knee doing the hoola hooping on it! But, I'm limping, but still going!

I need to be able to get myself under control. Oh, and I'm 55 yrs old and retired for 1 yr now. Have legal custody of 2 yr old grandson that we're raising. I raised all girls, so this is all new to me! ha ha!

I need inspiration, I KNOW that this is the right thing to be starting again, but I feel like I'm fighting myself...

I feel very fortunate that I have no major health issues and no high BP or labs of any type! I need to do this before I go over 300 lbs. If I go over 300 lbs, I'll never be able to turn back and help myself!

Anyhow, I'm here, checking things out. I was on a different site the last times around, but I couldn't find them this time - but reading the threads, ya'll sound like a great bunch of wonderful "family!" I'm all yours!

anyway...
Sun, Jul-13-08, 22:54
Welcome!

There's actually an Atkins '72 thread going on right now here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=376586 might want to check it out and join the rest of us retro dieters :D

Kisal
Sun, Jul-13-08, 22:58
Welcome! I'm an Atkins '72-er, too! Do come and join our Buddies Group! :wave:

marycuth
Sun, Jul-13-08, 23:19
Welcome to the family 1doxiemom! :heart:

You've come to the right place for help, support, and inspiration. You're going to love this place!

After seeing my mom when she came down to visit last I, too, came to the realization that I better do something before I end up like her. I understand how hard it is to get going, also. But just keep remembering how you're doing this for you and to be a model for your children and your wonderful 2 yr old grandson! I'm sure you could use the extra energy to keep up with him! I know I need every ounce of it for my 3 yr old son!

Best wishes and welcome! :)

*Sheila*
Mon, Jul-14-08, 06:57
Welcome!! You will find much encouragment, and suppport here! Just plug right on in!

erinleigh
Mon, Jul-14-08, 10:20
Welcome!

We are all here whenever you need us!!!!

Insiration, motivation, or just to chat about whatever!

Enjoy the journey!

E

Samantha22
Mon, Jul-14-08, 10:41
Best wishes. You're starting weight is the same as mine...its hard...and its a long road...but you can do it....its worth it in the end!

triplemom
Mon, Jul-14-08, 11:50
I'm an Atkins '72er also! You can do it - just one step at a time!

1doxiemom
Wed, Jul-16-08, 00:38
THANK YOU, each of you, that welcomed me. What you're reading in your emails is just NOT ME! I'm depressed - I know it. I'm always an upbeat person and very positive. I still have not even started my Atkins - but I came back to check out new posts - for inspiration. I'll keep coming - perhaps it'll get me in the mindset. Thank you again, everyone....Kath

Luzyanna
Wed, Jul-16-08, 10:31
Welcome to the forum hon. This is an awesome place for answers, information or just a much needed kick in the pants if ya need that too. :lol: Seriously, this board has been a lifesaver for so many of us.

PearlWhite
Wed, Jul-16-08, 20:13
Hi :wave: and welcome to the forum :)

Good luck!