PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello for the First Time

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ktsmama
Sun, Jul-13-08, 12:54
My name is Mary, and I am here for a couple of purposes. First and foremost, I am a Type 2 diabetic determined to maintain as much control as possible over my blood glucose levels through diet and exercise. That means low carb all the way for me. I currently follow Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Diet guidelines, although perhaps not as strictly as I should. Second, I need to lose some weight. I have lost a grand total of 45 pounds over the past two years, but I still have at least that many more to go.

I wear a pedometer each day, and my goal is 10,000 steps per day. I often fall short, but I keep trying. I also try to walk a minimum of thirty minutes of continuous walking each day. My real goal is 40 minutes, but I have to be realistic! It is a continous work in progress.

I look forward to getting to know folks who are in situations similar to mine and who are working toward similar goals. I also hope to gain inspiration and knowledge.

My screen name is "ktsmama" because I am "Katie's mama!" My daughter just graduated from high school and she is one of my biggest supporters, along with my husband and my mom. All three of them live with me -- or I live with them, depending on your perspective.

Sincerely,
Mary

:wave:

Kisal
Sun, Jul-13-08, 12:57
Welcome, Mary! It's nice to have you here! :wave:

mild
Sun, Jul-13-08, 16:21
one step at a time........and you'll get there.......

welcome to ya.......

Annie1gi
Sun, Jul-13-08, 16:34
Welcome Mary, good luck hon, we are all here for the same reason. Not to mention the support that we give each other pulls us through! Feel free to lurk in other's journals, and say hey if you feel you have something in common with someone.........lots of wonderful ppl here!!!

Annie :wave:

ktsmama
Sun, Jul-13-08, 18:06
Thanks for the welcomes! I appreciate them. I am still figuring out how the forum works, but I can see there is a lot of knowledge on here waiting to be shared!

Mary

Patty47200
Sun, Jul-13-08, 20:18
Welcome Mary, that was my sister's name. Thanks for replying to my post. We have similar ages, weight and goals so I would love to be a low carb buddy with you. I guess you have to post 25 times before you can send a message so I am posting away. Good Luck to us on our journey :wave: