PDA

View Full Version : Just introducing myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jufi8002
Sat, Jul-05-08, 09:21
I just joined today and wow this site is great, for about a year i've been a strict "calorie-counter" (a pain in the butt and the only way I lost weight was feeling deprived and always hungry) and just a few days ago I started to become a low carber, "kind of." (I've lost 3 pounds!)

I've realized counting carbs is so much easier and I am now fuller throughout the day, it's great! But today I've decided to go fully into it, I was kind of skeptical about it at first since i'm only 16 (17 in 5 months) and a year-round athlete but reading through other post and the science behind it all has answered most of my questions.

I've been searching for somewhere to discuss my low-carb success and people to help motivate me when I'm going through a tough time and I came across this site (I'm even more pleased to see the teen forum too :) ) I'm so excited for this and I have a feeling I will be successful in losing the weight I plan to.

But as of right now I'm not sure which diet I shoudl go on, i'm 118.8\119 and 4'10" and 15% body fat like i've mentioned an athlete, I'm kind of leaning towards atkins and that's the rules i've been 'kind of' following the past days but please let me know what you think!

I'm really looking forward to learning more and sharing success :D

Kisal
Sat, Jul-05-08, 11:44
Welcome! I'm glad that you found us! This a great site! :)

PearlWhite
Sun, Jul-06-08, 18:52
Welcome to the forum :wave:

Good luck with you WOE :)