PDA

View Full Version : Heard it's nicer here...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

skay
Fri, Jun-20-08, 16:05
I joined the Atkins low carb group, and wow, not nice people...lol. Another member told me you all are nice and supportive here so here I am!
I look forward to "meeting" all of you!! :wave:

Judynyc
Fri, Jun-20-08, 16:12
I joined the Atkins low carb group, and wow, not nice people...lol. Another member told me you all are nice and supportive here so here I am!

Welcome! :wave:

Yes, we are nice :agree: ...most of the time!! :lol: just kidding!

Good luck!

HappyLC
Fri, Jun-20-08, 16:22
While there may be some "vigorous" discussions that go on from time to time (like the one right now over exercise in the War Zone, lol), it is really nice here. If you post a question or a problem, there will be lots of people trying really hard to help you figure things out. I know from personal experience. :)

Welcome!!

GypsyClare
Fri, Jun-20-08, 16:24
This is a great, supportive place! Welcome!

Yond
Fri, Jun-20-08, 16:25
HI SKAY! its Ctackett and I love it here. I was so stressed after reading the other boards its so nice to see you here. Happy low carbing!

Eventually they will block me if i keep posting this website there...lol oops!

Kisal
Fri, Jun-20-08, 18:18
Welcome! Glad to have you here with us! :wave:

skay
Fri, Jun-20-08, 19:07
WOW!!! Much nicer response!! lol Thanks everyone! Hey "Yond"! Quite a big difference between the two places, hu? lol So glad I came here!! ;)

nole1984
Fri, Jun-20-08, 19:08
Glad you joined us.... The greatest forum on the web....

ladylaughs
Fri, Jun-20-08, 19:30
Everyone here is so helpful and respectful....:cheer:

MKatasonov
Fri, Jun-20-08, 21:35
Hey Skay and Ctackett!

I've moved with you! Thanks for referring this site.

I never had indigestion on the Atkins diet until I was on that message board.

Looks like this is one is the antacid!

Marie Anna

skay
Fri, Jun-20-08, 22:24
Marie Anna, glad to have you here too!! This is too funny! That site is crazy! I'm waiting to see when I get kicked off...lol
This site is GREAT! I haven't been yelled at once!! hehe :lol:

ccambronau
Sat, Jun-21-08, 08:30
hi Skay! I read your forum at the other site too! That is why I am here! (laughed all the way through) very very very helpful people! I almost quit because of the hostility over there. I thought there was no way I could follow a diet where I had to 'read the book' every day and take quizzes! Here I found recipes and hints and support so I kept at and have lost 5 pounds and 2 inches!!

Polly.K
Sat, Jun-21-08, 12:02
Hi Skay and CTackett
Was a reader on the 'other site' came here on your recommendation - looks sooo supportive and friendly here.

Take a look at the 28 days and nothings moving on the old site - hilarious.

Looking forward to being a member of this community - thanks for telling us about it.

doreen T
Sat, Jun-21-08, 14:42
Hello new members, and welcome to our forum :rose:

Sorry to read that you've had a bad experience at another board. Your frustration is understandable, however we ask that you don't use our public forum to bash other members from other boards. If you feel the need to vent, please do so privately; the private message system will be enabled the day after your 25th post.

We hope that you can move on from this unpleasant experience, and contribute to the supportive atmosphere at Active Low-Carber.

Thanks for understanding,

Doreen

MKatasonov
Sat, Jun-21-08, 16:19
:lol: Hi Skay and CTackett
Was a reader on the 'other site' came here on your recommendation - looks sooo supportive and friendly here.

Take a look at the 28 days and nothings moving on the old site - hilarious.

Looking forward to being a member of this community - thanks for telling us about it.

Yepphers...I hate to admit it, but that was me. I was defending SKay on another post and I got whammed. And....ashamed to say...got nasty..... :o

Marie Anna

jendahl
Sat, Jun-21-08, 22:36
Hi Skay, I left the other site and came here at (maybe your) recommendation. I was so appalled at how they treated "28 days and still.... that I replied, and then wrote to don. But, of course he defended "those who shall be nameless" quite vigorously. I can't understand why he can't see what a pack of jackels they are. I know my blood pressure rose just reading some of the post replies from them. And if you dare comment that they could be more polite with thier advice...... I mean, it was like being in high school again. Oh well, we'll let them sit on thier temporary thrones. Let's play with the fun crowd. Cheers!

skay
Sun, Jun-22-08, 18:43
Okay okay I'll be nice now...Sorry..lol..but so glad people here are so great! No more "board bashing"...hehe
Oh, and how awesome so many came over here too! And thanks to you guys who stood up for me!!

Daryl
Sun, Jun-22-08, 19:27

This is the best, most helpful site I know of :agree:

Welcome!

Luzyanna
Sun, Jun-22-08, 22:56
Hello new members, and welcome to our forum :rose:

Sorry to read that you've had a bad experience at another board. Your frustration is understandable, however we ask that you don't use our public forum to bash other members from other boards. If you feel the need to vent, please do so privately; the private message system will be enabled the day after your 25th post.

We hope that you can move on from this unpleasant experience, and contribute to the supportive atmosphere at Active Low-Carber.

Thanks for understanding,

Doreen

Thanks Doreen. :)

I have read several accounts lately of people switching here and think it's great to have more people here but hope that anything bad from the other board stays on the other board.