PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

briannajoy
Mon, Mar-18-02, 03:48
:cool:

Hey everyone!

Sorry I was gone.. things have been pretty hectic in my life and I'm sorry I haven't come to the low carb forums and posted/replied to posts, I feel bad :(

YES I am still on the diet!!! WOOOT! I got a little discouraged because I went to my psychiatrist, who is in a different office than my normal doctor and thus has a different scale, the normal doctor has a digital scale and the psychiatrist had a sliding old fashion scale, I thought ok, time to weigh myself, and it said that I gained weight, but I KNOW that's not true, I know for a fact because my mom says she can tell I've lost weight, so did my boyfriend, and I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting. There are these pair of pants that I used to barely be able to squeeze into now they are getting a little baggy on me!! That did discourage me though, I was torn between oh I gained weight and oh no I didn't ... for one day I went off the diet, not majorly, I had some popcorn and I think that was about it.. the cravings never came back or anything so I think I didn't go to crazy off it.. which is good. :)

Well so here I am, I'm scared about the whole weight issue, meaning I'm almost positive I'm losing weight but which scale is right?? ARGG! Well I've decided that I'm going to BUY my own scale and use it from now on! That way I can use it, and it can be reliable everytime. YES!

Yes, I'm still here!

So how is everyone else doing? Good I hope!!!

I'm going clothes shopping in oh about 3-4 weeks.. I can BET you that I will be shopping for 1 size smaller. That will be exciting.

Well.. I'm here.. I'm not dead.. I didn't disappear!

I will let you know when I get the scale so I can be more accurate with the whole weight thing...

YES I am loosing weight darn it!

:)

I'm sorry I was gone so long :(

Thanks for understanding

*big hugs*

Brianna

stilldeb
Mon, Mar-18-02, 07:47
:wave: Glad you're back, and still determined, Brianna. I think it's a great idea to get a new scale for yourself. Then, even if the number isn't exactly accurate, it will still show the DIFFERENCE, as it moves lower....and we KNOW it will!

Keep at it.....

LC_Dave
Mon, Mar-18-02, 07:59
Go with the Revolution,

be like me - throw your scale out and never weigh again!

You'll know when you reach goal anyways!!

viva revolution!

LC_Dave :daze:

Victoria
Mon, Mar-18-02, 11:46
Brianna,
Measure yourself! If you haven't already done so. You know you are losing because of how your clothes fit. If you hadn't been losing inches, that wouldn't be happening. So many scales weigh differently, especially for higher weights. So...getting your own is a good idea. But before you are able to do that...the measuring tape will let you know how you are doing. I totally relate to this problem. My scale wouldn't work for me until I got below 300. So for the first few months I had to make an effort to get down to the doctor's to check my progress. I never liked doing that because it was a hassle, and there are SO MANY sick, germy people in there. :rolleyes: Who wants to end up with the flu, if they don't have to? Well, keep your spirits up. Don't let that silly scale discourage you. ;) Victoria

briannajoy
Mon, Mar-18-02, 14:13
Victoria, Dave, & Debbie,

Silly silly scales!!!

The funny thing is, when I first started this diet I wasn't even going to weigh myself, I thought what the heck I'm on the diet, my clothes are getting looser, why weigh myself? But then I thought that weighing myself would encourage me and help me gauge my progress.

Yes I know, I went looking online for a scale that had a higher capacity, and I found one that has a max of 330lbs, and I'm going to be getting it next month. So I from now on I will go by that scale! Regardless of these silly silly scales, I know I've lost weight, I'd estimate 20lbs, maybe more. Regardless of what those stupid scales say. I even *feel* lighter. :) I'm not near as hungry anymore. :roll:

Thanks for the encouragement! It is very much appreciated :)

WTG guys I see you are still at it and loosing weight :)

WOOHOO ! :D

Keep it up :)

*hugs*

Brianna