PDA

View Full Version : Butt-Cheek Sweat

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lindystar
Wed, Jun-18-08, 04:44
We can be really honest right? :P When I work out I sweat a lot from my head and face and neck - but also the area right where the butt-cheeks crease. (not the butt-crack (thank god.))

I don't remember having this problem when I went to the gym before, but here it is now. And it's SO EMBARRASING! Yeah I know we're there to sweat, but come on - half moons of wettnes - under your booty is so not cool.

Yesterday I hoped on a bike for a while and was really getting into it, it was a great mix-up from my regular routine and I was enjoying myself. And then I got off. OMG. Instead of just the half-moons under my booty it looked like I almost peed my pants. I wouldn't be surprised if the other cardio room people actually thought that.

Does anyone know of anything special I can wear for this? Are there special shorts you can wear underneath work-out pants? I was thinking perhaps a different fabric - a more synthetic breezy type (I'm wearing a cotton-stretchy blend) - of workout pants might help - but I don't want to run out and buy 5 more pairs of new pants already you know?

Anyone else ever have this problem? Am I the only butt-sweat-er? :lol:

:help:

cs_carver
Wed, Jun-18-08, 05:34
Sweat doesn't show.

That's why tennis players traditionally wore white.

Josiemk
Wed, Jun-18-08, 06:52
Have you tried antiperspirant? I use my deodorant around my boobs & that area between my legs where panties elastics touches the skin.

lindystar
Wed, Jun-18-08, 07:08
Cs Carver - I was wearing black pants yesterday :) It for real shows, and heck I'm afraid if I wear white it'll show my underroos through like a wet T ! :) :) But thank you for the suggestion. :)

JosieMK - No, never thought of it in that place -lol - :) But I will for sure tonight, hahaha that's going to be a new experience for my deod stick! So it really does work for you in those places that you mentioned?

2bthinner!
Wed, Jun-18-08, 07:13
Yes, it does. I have also used Desitin under my breasts when I work in the yard. It also helps wetness, and I don't like to use deodorant under my breasts. But, if I don't use "something" I'll get a rash (and half moons under my boobs :lol: ). And it doesn't get slimy like baby powder.

lindystar
Wed, Jun-18-08, 07:29
Thank You Thank You !! Like for real :) I'm still laughing at picturing myself deo-ding my booty-cheeks, but I'm more than willing to give it a shot. I want to not have to worry about how I look at the gym any more than I already do.

Thank You !

Josiemk
Wed, Jun-18-08, 07:53
[/QUOTE]JosieMK - No, never thought of it in that place -lol - :) But I will for sure tonight, hahaha that's going to be a new experience for my deod stick! So it really does work for you in those places that you mentioned?[/QUOTE]

Yes but it has to be antiperspirant because they work by temporary closing the sweat pore. I don't have the same problem but where I live it can get pretty humid so I've been doing this with my deodorant. I normally don't sweat much either but I've been doing this for odor protection. I also use that crystal because I can't use regular deodorant so I get self conscience about B.O.

Cleave
Wed, Jun-18-08, 08:04
I know this is a sweat question but it reminded me of this....

As a big guy I've had a lot of chaffing problems on my inner thighs when sweating. The worst is a hot day at an amusement park and your underwear gets wet with sweat.....What I've done for years is Gold Bond Powder. After showering powder yourself on the problem areas. It will help prevent chaffing, rashes, etc....

lindystar
Wed, Jun-18-08, 08:58
Thank You Josie :)

Hi Cleave - Ack, I know what you mean, it happens to me when I wear skirts. Does Gold Bond hold up a lot longer than Baby Powder do you think?

Cleave
Wed, Jun-18-08, 09:25
Thank You Josie :)

Hi Cleave - Ack, I know what you mean, it happens to me when I wear skirts. Does Gold Bond hold up a lot longer than Baby Powder do you think?

They're both corn starch with different ingredians for fragrance and such. I do like the tingly feeling you get from gold bond. Yes, I think I can get 8hr day out of my gold bond. :lol:

lindystar
Wed, Jun-18-08, 10:41
Cleave if I get that and an 18 hour bra I'll be bionic. :P

Thank You :)

ValerieL
Wed, Jun-18-08, 13:26
Synthetics, baby. Cotton is terrible for exercise wear. It traps moisture. Look for materials that are labelled "Coolmax" or "DryWeave" or something like that, but basically any light synthetic will work better.

lindystar
Wed, Jun-18-08, 13:47
ValerieL -

You must be right but it makes me laugh :) all I ever hear about is COTTON COTTON COTTON you know? Like for undergarments and keeping cool and such? Who knew I'd ever need synthetics?

Thank You :) Off to the GoodWill I go.

steph0203
Wed, Jun-18-08, 14:04
Under Armour under your workout clothes will help wick the sweat away from your skin but won't soak your clothes. Try the cheaper imitation brand that Walmart sells. I bought mine in the mens section.

lindystar
Wed, Jun-18-08, 14:59
Under Armour - coolness, I'll give anything a try to not look like weird and gross. Thank You Steph!! :) :)

lindystar
Thu, Jun-19-08, 04:06
OK you guys!!! I wore a pair of pants I found with a synthetic mesh liner on the inside AND I deoderant-ed my booty last night. Bwaaaahaha I felt so dang goofy deod-ing my butt and it made me laugh at myself. :)

BUT HEY!!! I worked hard and no sweat problems! EEEEEE!!!!! I couldn't be more pleased! Of course now I don't know if it was from the pants or the deod, but at least I know something works.

I went to the GoodWill and I bought two pair of fully synthetic pants, and I'm totally jazzed that I won't have to give up riding hard on the bike.

Thank You Thank You Thank You to all of you !!!! :wave:

cnmLisa
Thu, Jun-19-08, 08:49
Synthetics, baby. Cotton is terrible for exercise wear. It traps moisture. Look for materials that are labelled "Coolmax" or "DryWeave" or something like that, but basically any light synthetic will work better.

I had to read 12 posts before someone mentioned this.

Synthetics.

CoolMax.

That ought to take care of your sweaty cheeks!;)

PS--it just can't be any synthetic--it has to be the moisture widking synthetics. You put yourself in polyester and you're going to die:lol:

moneka
Wed, Jul-09-08, 13:25
I was having the same problem and wanted to get a pair of those spandex looking shorts.. LOL.. I found a pair at Wal-Mart for 8 bucks with Dri-More and they work wonders! They even make me look thinner which is a plus :) Just thought I'd throw that in since they aren't expensive. lol.

lindystar
Thu, Jul-10-08, 07:48
Moneka - The CHEAP CHEAP *ahem* "frugal" part deep down in my soul says "Thank You!!" :P Awesomness. So, do I wear them alone or under my work-out pants?

moneka
Thu, Jul-10-08, 08:38
I actually wear them alone but I'm sure you could wear them under something. Another nice thing about them is that my thighs don't rub together at the top anymore and I don't have to keep pulling my shorts down in the middle. LOL. I love these things!

lindystar
Fri, Jul-11-08, 06:34
Moneka - Not pulling the shorts down in the middle - now THAT is priceless!

Laura W
Fri, Jul-11-08, 07:49
Not sweat related, but chaffing. Several years ago I purchased a product, from I think a health food store/vitamin place,called chafe guard. It is made for *those* areas that don't normally need deo.

The gym I go to for rehab provides towels. There are several people who take one around with them to wipe off the equipment when they finish sweating on it! In observing, the seat is the most wiped off area.

tangy
Tue, Jul-15-08, 00:49
nike dri-fit yoga pants are my favourites right now - I have lots of wicking fabric pants - patagonia, REI, under armour, etc. I spared no expense on the ones I bought because I firmly believe that I have a right to the highest performance gear available no matter my fitness level. The nike pants are my favourites by far. I stay cool and dry in them all friggin' day.

If you can't find them the under armour fabric designed to keep you cool is a close second IMHO.

Interestingly enough, "fitness gear" for plus-size women is mostly made of cotton, which is worthless, inferior, cheap, and a joke. It really makes me angry. Hanes Her Way and Junonia can just suck my left one.

GODDAMMIT!!

Sorry 'bout that. I mean, when I'm fat is when I need wicking most. If I'm too uncomfortable in my gym clothes I'm probably not gonna want to go anymore. I mean, it's bad enough that I'm the fattest girl in the gym - I now have to put up with sticky clothing, chafing, pimples, and compounding shame. That, on paper, looks like a lot to overcome for this girl.

I took my cues from the clothing recommendations for winter gear-ups - they tell us to NEVER wear cotton next to our skin because it gets wet and cold, and you can die from hypothermia. That tells me that it never dries and conducts cold toward my body through the water that's stuck in the fabric. Cotton brings the outside elements right on to my skin where it stays put. I need to evaporate that shit to stay cool in summer and there it is, sticking to me. I don't like being wet and sticky, so I wear a one piece speedo swimsuit and a pair of nike dri-fit capris. it ROCKS. If you're too big for the largest women's size, go to the men's section and look for plain black running pants in the same fabric.

as for breathability issues, I shower and change into clean undies as soon as I've finished my workout.

FWIW.

Lorisa
Tue, Jul-15-08, 10:48
This is kind of off topic, but this thread made me want to extoll the virtues of the newest anti-sweat product in my arsinal - Secret Clinical Strength Deodorant. It does cost a pretty penny (about $8 and change) but is WELL WORTH THE MONEY. My pits have never been drier and a little goes a long way. 2 clicks per pit is all you need! I highly recccomend it :thup:

lindystar
Wed, Jul-16-08, 05:29
Tangy - I love how you rock out !! I completly agree with you about the lame-ass workout clothes for bigger girls! I would imagine that women in the 250 and up range really have it hard - probably have to wear mens? Why the hell should we/ they not have the right to look our cutest just like everybody else? You're right, WE'RE the ones who need the best workout clothes the MOST!

Maybe there are specialty stores out there somewhere, but the regular people stores are missing out on a pretty large (no pun intended) demographic out there.

Dumb.

JayCisco
Sat, Aug-30-08, 17:58
They're both corn starch with different ingredians for fragrance and such. I do like the tingly feeling you get from gold bond. Yes, I think I can get 8hr day out of my gold bond. :lol:

The original yellow bottle is just fine for the job, but DO NOT use the BLUE bottle for the area in or around your genital region. The percentage of menthol and peppermint oil within the ingrediants is just enough to cause pain, almost feels like a kick to the "family jewels". I used it in basic training because of some chaffing issues, and I was reamed by my drill sergeant for marching awkward. I explained to him my issue, and he made the rest of the troops mimic my marching for the rest of the day. I tried to man it up, but man did it hurt.....my pride too. I don't know if the effect is the same on females, but I'll let you be the judge ladies.

LMMS
Sat, Aug-30-08, 20:54
Sorry haven't read entire thread so I hope I am the first to say my husband swears by Anti-Monkeybutt Powder. Also for chaffing, I used to get when my arms rubbed together, Body Glide. Can get both online.

Miz Lola
Fri, Oct-24-08, 13:56
Thank you for this thread! I thought I was the only one. This is so EMBARASSING! I DO look like I peed my pants. It always sends my husband into hysterics and non-stop jokes when I get home. I will try the Under Armor knock-off and see if that helps as well as putting deo down under. Thanks Folks!

duffy149
Sun, Dec-14-08, 12:42
I agree with Tangy, my nike strechy wicking yoga trousers are the BEST!

I got the from a nike outlet in Williamsburg when i was on my holidays, they were more expensive than cotton ones, but i can't tell you how good they are, you just have to try them! They allow me to cycle 30km or row 18km and stand up knowing that the rest of the gym can't see my sweaty arse, sweaty rest of me, but not sweaty arse.

Also i think you guys can get some underwear called quickwik over there, maybe thats worth a try?

Helen.x

tangy
Sun, Dec-14-08, 17:27
thanks for the endorsement duffy - there really is nothing like them. i have an older pair of nike yoga pants that i can't wear in cooler weather because i get so COLD in them. they've perfected the art of wicking sweat away from the skin so fast then even without a breeze, just moving my legs makes me feel super chilly.

i wear my adidas tights if i want to stay warmer lol.