PDA

View Full Version : Hello From NYC

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sargondizz
Mon, Jun-16-08, 08:31
Hello All,

My name is Stacy and I just started low-carb on 6/13/08. I have lost 8.5lbs so far and it is day 4. I am very motivated but know that I will need help down the line. My partner of 7 years started low carb 3 years ago and has lost 165lbs. Even though I saw the weight fall off her I wasn't ready. Now she is a size 6 and I am a man's 52 and weigh 298.5lbs. This woke me up! When I saw the scale last week at 308.5 I almost died. How did this happen to me? I watch these programs on T.V. and think "that will never be me." I've realized I was just kidding myself and I need to save my life. I am only 33 but I feel like I am 60! I need all your help because I know this isn't going to be easy but it has to be done.

Thanks in advance for helping me through this lifestyle change! :wave:

caroline43
Mon, Jun-16-08, 08:43
Hi Stacy and welcome to the forum. Before long you will realize you have the made the best decision you could ever make, regarding your health. Well done to your partner, you must be very proud of her as she will be of you in time.
You have come to the best place for advice and support. The people on here are so friendly and helpful.
p.s. well done on your 8.5lbs loss, keep up the good work

Kisal
Mon, Jun-16-08, 11:35
Welcome! It's nice to have you here with us! You're off to a great start! Congratulations! :wave:

sargondizz
Wed, Jun-25-08, 10:03
Thank you all for your support! This is a great forum : )

Judynyc
Wed, Jun-25-08, 10:07
Welcome!! :wave: