PDA

View Full Version : Back on the Wagon today!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

NYCgal
Sun, Jun-15-08, 11:41
Hi Everybody,

I went looking for an online community to join today, and found you!
I have decided that today will be the first day of the rest of my life, being that I have known all along what I needed to do to be healthy, and yet managed to procrastinate for half of my life... what can I say? It's too easy to not notice until you start feeling bad and having health problems.

Once upon a time, I was low-carbing for a while, and it really worked for me. I managed to drop 20 lbs. at the time, but I couldn't sustain it. My mother is a Type II diabetic, my father had cancer when he was my age; so I have some heredity cards stacked up against me... but I'm not scared! I just want to become healthy again. My goal is to lose 50 lbs. in a year.

Part of that would include more exercise, staying away from sugar/bad carbs, increasing my water intake, and learning how to re-train my tastebuds.

What prompted this decision from me to get serious is that I had a medical exam for my company recently and discovered my cholesterol and blood sugars are higher than they should be for my age. And I'm feeling it...

So, any support I can get from you guys would be greatly appreciated - and I will be visiting daily to offer my support as well.

Good luck to all!

nole1984
Sun, Jun-15-08, 11:43
Hi Jessica... you'll get lots of support here....

david1969
Sun, Jun-15-08, 11:48
I know how you feel! Problems run in my family too, and luckily I got all of them!! We're with you :)

Kisal
Sun, Jun-15-08, 12:58
Welcome! It's nice to have you here with us! :wave:

NYCgal
Mon, Jun-16-08, 10:44
Thanks everybody for being so welcoming! :D