PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about doing atkins...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AndreaT
Sun, Mar-17-02, 21:13
:rolleyes:

Hi Everyone!

I once tried Atkins for a whole two days, lol...I felt like such crap, had headaches, and just gave in to my carb addiction (yes, I feel like I can truly say that I have a carb addiction).

I would very much like to try Atkins again...I don't know why i try and fail, but I would love some support, because I think that the toughest challange for me is just getting through the first days. I need to know that this is going to work, I need to know that there will be posotive results.

I need to lose about 15-20 pounds. I know that this will be a great way to do it...but at the same time I feel weary of myself..I try and fail so many times on dieting. I have been a self-professed "yo-yo" dieter for the past year now. I am tired of always "trying another diet". If I am really going to do this, I want to do this as a way of life, not for two weeks, or a month, or 6 weeks.

I am not going to fool you or myself by going into this blindly, saying "I am going to do it and nothing will stop me"...beacuse from my experience something always has stopped me. I am, however, going to promise you all that if you can support me, I will try my hardest to take it one day at a time, and to succeed as I know that I can...

Thanks Gang, and I look forward to meeting every one of you :)

Andrea T

Shellyf34
Sun, Mar-17-02, 22:59
At your height and weight, maybe you should try the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet or Protein Power. It sounds like your metabolism probably works quite well, which would explain the intense headaches you are getting on induction. Try and ease yourself into a bit instead of the full blown induction. That way your body won't totally freak out! :p

I was always about 125 pounds until I got pregnant when I was 24. ALWAYS had a great metabolism. After my body went through two pregnancies, my metabolism went into hypernation. I need the "kickstart" of induction to get my bod in gear, but you might not. Have you read any of the other low carb books? They might suit your style/metabolism a bit more...

Regards,

Shelly

angelfish
Sun, Mar-17-02, 23:12
I agree with Shelly. Since you don't have too much to lose you would probably do well without induction or another low carb program. By just cutting back carbs you can lose weight, though it is slower. But it is effective.

I know you can do this. It sounds like this time you are more determined. We're all here for each other!!

Angelfish :wave:

wbahn
Sun, Mar-17-02, 23:15
Greetings and welcome aboard! :wave:

There's little doubt that the first few days are the worst for most people that start LC. Some people can ween themselves off carbs slowly and many others need to treat it as the addiction it is and go cold turkey.

If you can just gut it out for a full week, you are very likely to start feeling noticeably better than before you started - that seems to be the most common response.

This community is certainly here to support you in your efforts. Be sure to read through many of the other posts in the two Introduction forums and to read through the tips and suggestions that you can find at in the stickies at the top of the Newbies Questions forum.

Also, it is a great idea to start a journal here (see the sticky at the top of the tread listing in this forum) so that others can offer support and suggestions as you proceed.

Good luck!