PDA

View Full Version : Starting...again.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Danieloser
Fri, Jun-13-08, 21:10
I guess I should start off by saying thank you all for being here. The support of a group in my first LC experience was very important to me.

I guess I'll tell a story.

I was about 290 lbs when I first started Atkins in 1999. I had the help and support of my mother, who I had lived with for years, (don't judge, it was a very mutual arrangement) Mom got me through the induction phase by monitoring everything I ate. It was hard, but made easier by her presence and perseverance.

I managed to stay on the WOE for quite a while, I don't remember how many months. I was able to lose 80 lbs and I felt great.

Then I moved and decided that the stress of living in a new city combined with maintaining the LC lifestyle was too much. So I started eating normally again. We all know that story.

Fast forward 6 or so years and here I am. I managed to maintain a weight of 270 lbs for years. Then in November 2007 I was in a car accident and hurt my back. I got no exercise at all for 4 months and I gained 60 lbs leaving me currently standing at 335.

That's where I am now. I no longer have my mother to help (lung cancer 2006, don't smoke) and I have a DH (not quite H, cuz that's illegal in Idaho, but that's what he is in my heart so I will refer to him as DH) who loves me in my current form. It's something that I will never understand and have a hard time trusting. But he doesn't appear to be going anywhere. He's one of those people who's thin no matter what he eats.

Since the accident and recovery, I have noticed a bunch of health issues and I never have the energy to move. I'm tired of being tired. I'm tired of looking in the mirror and being disgusted. I'm tired of going clothes shopping and then being depressed for days afterward when I am forced to confront how big I've become.

I also want the DH to have a hot guy, and I would like that hot guy to be me.

I feel pretty good about it. I just made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for him and I managed to avoid eating any of them.

So I think I can do this.

Faithinme
Fri, Jun-13-08, 21:15
Hi!! :wave:

Welcome, I understand your frustration, I have been on and off lowcarb far to many times than I can or want to count. I would lose weight and than gain it back. I am starting once again and know that I can do this. You too can do this!!!

This is a great forum with alot of great advice!! Good luck !!

Heather :)

brown-eyes
Fri, Jun-13-08, 23:43
Welcome Daniel...I have restarted again myself...just don't give up....We can do it.....Sandy